chapter twenty-eight

——— Alexis' POV ———

"Can you read this and tell me if it's worth reading or can go straight in the trash can?" I asked when I sat down infront of Luke. The other guys were playing a game while Luke was on his phone at the table.

"What is it?" He asked as he locked his phone and put it away.

"My dad's lawyer gave this to me. If it's his last time telling me to fuck off, I don't want to read it. But he told me it was important and that only he was allowed to give it to me." I said with a sigh before placing the envelop on the table. I pushed it to Luke's side while I kept my eyes on the letter.

Luke nodded and took the letter. His face looked so worried as he opened the letter. He knew he was an asshole, so that letter could contain so many bad things.

"Well, it's not a short letter." Luke said with a small smile as he looked at me. I nodded and looked down at my hands while he read it. "And I think you should call his lawyer after you've read this."

He folded the letter again and pushed it back to me.

"You have to read it, if you want to or not. It's about your mom." He stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder as he looked down at me with an empathetic smile. That smile was never good. He then left me alone at the table and joined the others.

I unfolded it again carefully before taking a deep breath and started reading it.

'Dear Alexis,

I first want you to know that I'm writing this on October 1st, 2011. I don't know when you will be reading this, maybe in 30 years or maybe sooner. But if I die, I want to make sure that you know this.

I don't know how I will die yet, I don't know when and I don't know how we will be at that time. Right now I know that you're 17 and we lost someone we loved 2 years ago. And today I almost lost you.

I am not a great father. I never was to you. And I know that once you're 18, the times we see eachother will be limited.

But the day that I die, I want you to get every single thing that your mother left me. Every single thing. I have everything stocked in a garage not far from where we used to live, the money is on an extra bank account and that's all for you. I'm not a great dad, but she was an amazing mom to you. She wanted you to get everything but at the time we couldn't legaly make that happen, so on the day that I die, everything belongs to you.

I might give it to you before you get to read this letter, but if I don't, it's yours now.

I hope you forgive me one day for all the mistakes that I've made and the ones I still have to make. But if you don't, I will understand that.

With love, Eric.'

I was pretty close to being on the verge of tears. But I couldn't cry, they were sitting right behind me and I couldn't let them know that I'm not okay.

I took a deep breath before putting it back into the envelop and standing up, putting on my best smile.

"Thanks Luke" I said with a smile when I looked at him, he returned my smile as he looked up at me.

"No worries, I hope you do call his lawyer" he softly said.

"I will do that." I said with a smile before walking to the bunks. I put the letter back in my suitcase as I noticed Luke's eyes on me. I took out my phone and showed it to him before disappearing in the bathroom.

——— Ashton's POV ———

I heard a thing or two from their small conversation and I was pretty confused.

"What's going on?" I asked Luke silently.

"She just has to go call someone" he said with a smile.

"Alright" I said and returned his smile before looking down at my phone. I already thought something wasn't alright when I saw the way she looked at Luke. We haven't had any service for the past hour. The wifi worked but no service so she can't call someone and I'm sure that she knows that aswell. "I'll be right back" I said with a smile before standing up and closing the door between the beds and living room.

I walked to the bathroom door and knocked on it a few times to see if she would reply.

"I'm in here" she replied, just by hearing the way her voice came out, I knew she had been crying.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked silently. I had no clue how to do this. When things like this happen, she always just starts talking herself once I annoy her enough. But I don't think this can be solved by being annoying and rude to her.

"It's alright Ashton, the door isn't locked, if you're worried about that. I just need a few minutes." She said silently

"Okay" I replied before sitting down on the bottom bed. Crystal is gone again so we have a spare bed again. She had to stay in America for work after the award show so now she's staying there untill the holidays.

I waited for what seemed like an hour but it was probably just a few minutes when I heard the door open. I looked up at her with a small smilr and she looked back at me with empty eyes. She sat down beside me and I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"I'm getting everything that my mom left us. It was my dad's but he wrote an official letter so I could get all of it when he's gone. It's a lot to take in, I'm not angry or sad, just a little shocked. I don't know how much it is but I do know she owned a lot of things."

"So are you going to fly back to Australia now?" I asked.

"No, the european tour stops in two weeks, then it's the holidays so I will be home anyway. This are my last two weeks before I have to get back to reality. So I want to stay."

———————————————————————-
A/N: ALEXIS' TOUR IS ALMOST OVER

IS THIS THE END OF ALEXTON?

my shipping names suck.