chapter thirteen

"Nothing better then a day at the beach." Crystal said excited when we arrived. The beach wasn't too crowded today so I was really happy about that. Most people were at work or school so I didn't expect it to be too crowded.

"Absolutly. It's great not being the only girl in the bus anymore." I looked at her with a smile before dropping my bag on the sand so I could take my clothes off.

"I was so glad when Michael told me I wouldn't be alone, it sucks having to wait backstage all the time." She did the same as me before we both sat down, looking around at the empty beach. "I think I've figured out why you're here. I was surprised when Michael told me Arzaylea wasn't coming. I was even more surprised to hear you were coming."

"I didn't even know he had a girlfriend untill I came here" I said laughing a little "We didn't really talk for a while as he was so busy preparing for tour and I was about to graduate so."

"You're here to fix Ashton, aren't you?" She said while she kept her eyes on me.

"You can't tell anyone, not even Michael or Calum because they've got no clue." I looked down at my feet while she kept her eyes on me. "Luke told me everything a few weeks ago and we started talking about it and at the end he asked me if I wanted to come, see if I could help if he wasn't going to accept any help of a professional."

"What did you study?" She asked

I took in a deep breath before looking at her "I have my degree in psychology but I haven't worked like a therapist yet."

"I hope Ashton doesn't finds out, I really do." She said before letting out a sigh. "I'm glad you are here though, it was awfull to see him the way he was before you arrived. I really hope you can help him."

"I hope so too." I softly said. I took in another deep breath before looking at her "How did you figure out?"

"I noticed you and Luke were texting eachother, so you had a secret. The way you act around Ashton seemed too professional to me. I would yell back at him every single time and I think that's a natural thing to do. And you told me you looked a lot like him, I didn't really understand that untill you took your clothes off and I saw the old marks. Luke knows you since you were kids so he must have known you were like him in the past. I just really paid attention, something guys don't do." She said slowly.

"I was worse then Ashton is now, so Luke just hopes I can maybe fix him." I said with a small smile.

"You're a strong girl, I saw that the moment we met. Don't let anyone tell you differently. So a completly different subject now but why couldn't Calum and you share a room or was it just so you could go with Ash?"

"Calum wanted to ask me out and he still does. Luke and Ashton both told me that. But I have no interest at all in him like that so it would make things awkward if he did ask and I don't really look forward to spening 3 nights in a hotel room with him." I said laughing

"I really thought something had already happened" She replied laughing aswell, "Calum is a good kid but I really wasn't able to picture the two of you together."

"Neither am I. He's just not my type at all." I said with a smile.

"I think it's funny how most rumours are about you and Ashton while Calum is the one that wants to ask you out."

"Calum and I have never been on our own in public. Ashton and I have explored London together and then that pizza place last night."

"I could picture you and Ashton together, if he's happy again ofcourse. He tensed up this morning when you were talking to Calum. I love how you worked yourself between them so quickly. And ofcourse it helps that you're not bad looking at all." She laughed before getting on her feet "I'm going to go swim, are you coming with me?"

"I'm going to stay here, someone needs to watch the bags." I said with a smile, she smiled back before turning around and walking to the sea.

TEXTS

Luke: we're done early, have 1,5 hour free so will be at the beach in 10minutes.

I looked at the time the text was send, they could be here any second. Crystal was already pretty far in the sea when I heard the guys behind me. I looked around and they were all carrying a towel and got rid of the skinny jeans. Except for Ashton who came empty handed. In his tshirt with more then enough bracelets and his usual skinny jeans that aren't skinny anymore.

"Alexxxxxxx!" Calum shouted as he ran up to me. "Where's Crystal? Did you kill her?"

"She's over there idiot." I said as I pushed Calum lightly so he would look in the direction of the sea.

"Okay, that makes more sense." He said disappointed. Michael threw his towel and shirt on Crystal's place before going over to the sea to join his girlfriend. They were so incredibly cute together. I looked over at Ashton and smiled at him, he showed up at the beach so I'm happy. He looked back at me with a smile before sitting down beside me.

"Hi" He said softly as he kept his eyes on me.

"How was the interview?" I asked him with a smile, He still looked happy. Well, for him it was being happy. To other people he probably looked just as sad. But his eyes were brighter and they weren't empty. They haven't been since yesterday and I was so happy about that.

"Lame. They asked us the usual questions and they were so boring. They really looked like they hated their job."

"I always wondered what you guys think the interesting questions are. Don't you get asked the same questions all the time at soundcheck or interviews?"

"Some fans really come up with interesting questions and every question is interesting the first time you hear it but getting asked what our favourite and least favourite thing is about touring is getting boring." He laughed a little before looking at all the others in the sea. "Don't you want to join them?"

"I'd rather sit here with you" I said honestly

"Enjoy yourself today, don't think about helping me for once please." He pleaded before placing his hand on my knee "Be selfish today."

"I just enjoy being around you, and to be honest, I've never been a big fan of the ocean. I like watching and sitting on the sand but I'd rather not go in the sea." I said as I looked up at him.

"Are you scared of the fish?" He said as he raised his one eyebrow at the same time.

"Absolutly not, just not a fan of being all salty and itchy after."

"Then I'll be happy to keep you company." He said with a smile, he took his hand back before lying down on the sand, crossing his arms behind his head.

This sudden change in how he acts is driving me insane. I'm happy but at the same time so scared that he's learning to put on a mask for me.

------------------------------------------------
A/N: HIIII

I don't know what to write here.

So QUESTION: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?