chapter twenty-seven

"Where did you guys go last night?" Luke asked while we were eating our breakfast. They had finally agreed with me to get something different then cereal.

"We went outside. Stayed on the field for a little longer then expected." I said with a smile, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I didn't sleep at all so I waited for someone else to wake up.

"You do know you can tell me if you kissed." He said as he looked at me with a grin.

"Shut up Hemmings." Ashton said as he walked in aswell. I didn't know your hair could be such a mess from three hours sleep.

"So you did kiss?" He said a little too loud as he looked between the two of us.

"I really thought you knew me better Luke. We talked, end of the story. Stop hoping Luke, I already told you I'm not here to date." I said as I kept my eyes on Luke. Ashton looked up at me when I said those words before taking his breakfast aswell.

"I know, I just still think there's more going on then you're saying. Not everything you do in public can be explained by acting and besides, it's not only in public that you do it." He said with a sigh. Ashton sat down besides me and started eating in silence before looking at Luke.

"You do know you're talking to the two masters in hiding and acting, right?" He said as he looked Luke straight in the eye.

"You have a point there." He nodded before standing up to put his now empty plate away. "We're going to be driving all day, so if you still want to go outside. It's now or never." Luke looked at me and I nodded.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Ashton asked when he was done eating.

"Yea, it will be nice to stretch my legs before we have to sit all day."

"Alright, I'm going to get a sweater and then we can go." He said before standing up, he put his plate aswell and went to the beds. I put my plate away aswell and waited for him. I already had my sweater and was ready to go outside.

"Ready?" I said with a smile when he came back with his sweater and a beanie. While we stayed out all night without getting cold, it was freezing today. European weather is weird.

"Absolutly." He didn't look excited though. I put my hands in my pockets as soon as we got out of the bus.

We walked to the back entrance to leave the arena for a while. We were just going to be taking a few streets but it was nice to just be away from it all for a while.

"Did you do it?" He asked after we took our first turn. The sun was just rising and there was a fog in the streets that made it beautiful out here.

"Did I do what?" I asked looking at him with a smile "fart at the table when we were eating? Because that was Luke. And it was Michael who hid a plastic spider in your bed."

"Wait what? I didn't even find that spider yet" he said confused.

"Then I ruined his joke." I said laughing

"Did you pick up a razor again and do it?" He said in all seriousness. He looked down at me, the smile on his face gone.

"Why are you asking?"

"You're smoking again aswell, you are hiding what happened back home to everyone, not only us." He said. I looked down at the ground while we were walking.

"I'm not smoking again. It was a one time thing last week." I said. I kept my eyes on the ground as I couldn't face him.

"Will you tell me what happened?" He asked.

"We're being followed by a group of fans and they're looking at us from across the street. I'm not sure I want my secrets out in the open or want anyone to see me break down." I said silently before looking up at him.

"Fuck" he said as he looked behind us. There was a guy with a big camera across the street already so I took my hands out of my pockets to take his hand in mine. "Why are they even awake this early?"

"I think they have been out here all night, I wouldn't be surprised." I said as I kept my eyes on him "let's just forget our previous conversation and look like a happy couple?" I smiled at him and he returned it.

"They're so crazy sometimes" He said laughing, "we still have around 20minutes and are almost back, are you alright with stopping for them for some pictures?"

"Ofcourse, if they are here this early, they deserve that." I said with a smile. Ashton placed his arm around my shoulder before placing a kiss on the side of my head.

"You're the best." He smiled before looking behind him and waving at the fans. He removed his arm from around my shoulder and turned around to face the fans who were following us around 10meters behind us. As soon as we stopped their pace got faster and within seconds we were surrounded by around 20 fans. They weren't with that many so that was absolutly fantastic.

I took a step aside so they could all meet him while I watched them from the side. He was so amazing with his fans.

"You're really cute together." A girl said to me, I got woken up from my thoughts and looked at her. She must have been around 18 years.

"Thank you" I replied with an honest smile.

"I've been in this fandom before 5 seconds of summer was a big thing so I've been wondering for a while if you're the girl that did covers with luke. I've been asking you on twitter but I don't think you've seen my tweets." She asked with a happy smile.

"I think I've seen your tweets, but the other guys don't connect me to that girl yet and I was hoping to keep it that way. That's why I didn't reply." I said honestly.

"You were really good back then!" She said excited, "do you still sing?"

"No, I stopped a long time ago. It wasn't really my thing anymore. That's why Luke deleted those videos." I said with a smile

"This might be a weird question, but can I get a picture with both you and Ashton? Or one with you?" She asked.

"It's a weird question, I'm still getting used to all of this" I said laughing a little "but ofcourse, when he's done with the others you can get one with the both of us."

"Thank you so much. I've met all of them a few times before and I'm really glad Ashton found someone like you."

——————————————————————-
A/N: well atleast they're good actors to make fans believe them 🤷🏼‍♀🤦🏼‍♀

What's your favourite part of the story so far?