chapter fourty-seven

——— Ashton's POV ———

"Can we just stay in bed untill soundcheck?" I asked when Alexis was failing misserably to get out of my grip.

"I have to use the bathroom so if I was you, I'd let me go." She replied so I finally let go off her, don't want her to pee in bed.

"The bed is already getting cold" I said behind her when I heard the bathroom door close. I knew exactly what to say to annoy her a little.

"Stop crying you little baby and grow up." She shouted back, I could hear her laughing a little through the door. "So it's already 12, you need to leave in an hour so I'm going to make myself usefull and edit yesterdays videos so it can go online today."

"Okay, I'll watch you do it. But I am staying in bed." I said, I wasn't going to let her change my mind. I was going to stay in bed untill 5 minutes before leaving for the radio interview. Also, I sort of couldn't let her go outside this room for the next half hour. Luke would kill me if I did.

"Do whatever you want" she said with a smile before sitting down beside me with her laptop.

"Do you like it?" I asked after a few minutes. She was so into watching the videos of the fans that she made that I'm not even sure she heard me.

"Like what?" She said when she paused the video to look at me.

"Do you like the job that we gave you? Do you like being on tour with us?"

"I like being here with you. And Luke, Calum and Michael. I like that I get to be here if I do this job." She said, a small smile on her face. One that was hiding a thousand things.

"But do you like the job?" I asked again

"It's fun, but it's not what I want to do. But then again, I'm not sure what I want to do. I thought I knew it perfectly during my time in university, right now I'm not sure anymore if psychology is what I want to do ever day. I don't know if I can hear people's stories all day and then go home with a clear head. I thought I could do that but being around you made me question a lot of things. I want to make a difference, but I don't know how yet." She honestly said, her smile faded and her face turned unreadable. I'm usually pretty good in seeing how she feels, but when things like this come to the conversation, she's able to hide away every feeling. She shouldn't be so afraid of someone knowing how she feels.

"Have you considered writing?"

"Crystal asked me that yesterday, I don't think I want to write about my life. It would be great if I could help people by just telling my story. But it's a story that shouldn't been told."

"Have you considered giving your story a twist? Or starting somewhere after her, start writing at the start of your depression. Or write about a completly fictional person? Change the situations and make it your own story. Make it a story that isn't too hard to tell and understand but that people can still find themself in."

"I just don't know if I can do it, the writing."

"Have you tried?" I asked, she shook her head before looking at her screen and then back at me. "Then try."

---

"Thanks for keeping her busy this morning" Luke said with a smile as we waited for the song to end in the studio. Alexis had decided to stay at the hotel to work on the video so it would be done before tonight's show.

"No worries, but remember I'm going to give you all the blame if she hates it." I replied before looking back infront of me. They started couting down so we had to shut up and get ready to answer some questions.

"Welcome back, today we got 5 Seconds Of Summer here with us in the studio to answer some questions. They are in the middle of their thirth world tour but were able to join us for the next hour." He said before looking at us, we all said an awkward hi in the microphones. "So how have you guys been?"

"We're all doing great, excited to be touring America again and we're happy to be here in the studio today." Luke said, it was the most basic answer we had and we used it almost every interview. It gets boring when you get asked the same questions so many times.

"I had to be here last night so I couldn't see your show but I've got a fan on the line right now who was there and has a question for you." He said before pressing a lot of buttons "Hi Stephanie, you are live on the show with 5 seconds of summer."

"Hi Stephanie!" We all said together, I could hear so much screaming in the background.

"Hi guys! I just want to say that I'm a massive fan and last nights show was amazing!" She said over excited "I loved the new song that you played and my question is about that, when do you think the new album will be released?"

"Our fourth album is still not close to being finished so the song of last night will most likely get released earlier as a single but I can't promise any details on that yet. It was a last minute decision we made to play it so we are so happy that you liked it." I said with a smile

"I can't wait for new music and I really like how you went accoustic for it" she said even more excited. If I had to picture how she looked like right now I'd say she is jumping up and down and running around the house while her friends are listening in the background.

"Thank you for your question Stephanie, any last words?" The radio man asked

"I love you guys a lot and I can't wait to see you again!" She said still too excited "bye!"

"We love you too Stephanie, and we'll see you again soon." Michael said

"So we have a round of true or false prepared. In this game I will say rumours that are going around about the band and you will have to say if they are true or false, it's that simple." He explained as he took his paper.

"Sounds good" Calum said

Luke added a soft "feels good" and as I saw people laugh behind the glass I knew everyone heard it.

"Okay so the first rumour: a lot of fans still think Calum and Luke are dating."

"Absolutly false" Luke said laughing "we're all great friends but we're all straight."

"I still hoped thatone was true" the radioman said laughing "okay second one, I have no clue how fans came up with thisone but thisones for you Ashton: are you expecting to become a dad? Because some people think Alexis might be pregnant."

We all just started laughing at that "I can guarantee you that that's a false one, but I'd love to know how fans got thatone." I said with a smile "I'm not ready to be a dad"

"Michael, any plans of kids?" The guy asked with a huge smile, he was having a hard time to keep a straight face aswell.

"Absolutly not yet. We're still young and can do what we want now. And I don't think we could keep going like we are now if a kid came in the picture."

---

@AlexisThomas: thanks for pointing out I gained a little weight during a radio show. But I'm not pregnant guys, I'm just lazy, hungry and busy so working out doesn't always fits in the plan ✌🏼🍔