chapter twenty-three

"Goodbye Alex. I'm going to miss you a lot and I can't wait untill both you and Luke will be back for the holidays." Jason said while he gave me a tight hug.

"I will see you again soon, don't worry. And we can always text or whatever" I replied with a smile. I took a step back and picked up my small suitcase before looking at my friends infront of me. "Thank you for making my time here a little less miserable."

"Goodluck with the guys Alex. And don't forget to tell them we miss them aswell."

"I will!" I said before turning around. I waved at them a last time before making my way to the check-in.

——— Ashton's POV ———

"Ash would you be alright with sleeping with Calum instead of Alex tonight?" Luke asked me when he sat down beside me. We just had the last rehearsals for the award show and Alexis would be here in an hour, right in time for the show.

"Why?" I asked, I looked back at him for a second before looking at my phone again. The screen was black but I was just hoping to get a text. Her plane should have landed by now.

"Something is going on and I need to talk to her. She has sended me two texts in a week time while I sended her a 100 and called her so many times." He said sounding worried.

"Look, she just wanted time on her own, escape us for a while and figure things out. Like I said to you when she just left, stop worrying so much. She's fine." I said with a sigh, I unlocked my phone and went to my texts with Alexis.

TEXTS

Ash: was the flight ok? No screaming kids beside you this time ;)
Alexis: flight was great, had a sleeping old lady this time. Waiting for my suitcase right now and then I'll get a cab to come to you guys.

"See? She's fine." I said as she texted me back.

"Have you guys been texting all week?" Luke said a bit disappointed

"No, we send one text a day to eachother. I didn't ask her to tell me what's going on, I asked her things like how the weather is and if she was having fun." I said as I scrolled back to the previous texts. "If you would have respected the fact she wanted to have some time away from us and away from everyone asking how she was, she would have texted back."

But to be honest, I don't think I was even slightly relieved that she did text me. I was worried sick about her not wanting to talk to Luke and I know she is hiding something big. But you can't expect someone to tell you things like that over a freaking text.

"Alright." He said before standing up again and sitting next to Calum.

----

An hour later she arrived right on time. We didn't really see her as she got dragged to a dressing room where Crystal was aswell right away.

Was I nervous to see her? Absolutly.

I was getting my hair done when Crystal came back inside the room. She was wearing a tight, short dress and she looked great. She looked at me through the mirror before walking up to me.

"Just try to keep your hands off her today, it will be hard but she looks freaking amazing." She whispered in my ear before laughing and going to Michael. Everyone was already dressed and I was last, again. When they were done with my hair I quickly changed into the clothes I was supposed to wear and waited for her to come in.

We waited for a few minutes untill the door opened and she came inside aswell. "Don't laugh because I know this is weird."

"It looks great Alex. You look amazing" Crystal said with a smile.

I didn't take my eyes of her for a second. She's still capable of making my mind do weird things without wanting it.

"You look great Alex. You have no reason to be insecure about this." Calum said with a smile before looking at me with a grin. "What do you think Ashton?"

I sended him a quick glare before looking back at her "you look amazing." I slowly said. She looked at me with a smile before looking at all of us.

"I'm not sure but I think it's time to leave." She said laughing a little.

"Yes, that's true." Michael said before patting my back with a laugh and stood up. Him and Crystal were first to leave and Calum and Luke followed them.

"Wasn't Luke's girlfriend supposed to come aswell?"

"She couldn't make it and it would be a bit sad if we let Calum go on his own, so Crystal and Michael are going together first, then you and I and then we all take pictures together as a band, you can go inside with Crystal already when we're doing so." I said, I was so nervous. Management are expecting us to be there as a couple, real or fake. I still haven't found the courage to tell her that.

"I'm not a fan of rules but I do think we should have some." She said and I nodded. "I'm fine with pretending but don't touch my butt or try to kiss me for the camera."

"How did you know about that?" I asked more then confused.

"Luke." She said silently before looking at me, "I get why you guys need this right now so I'm playing along. But just don't go too far because I'm not scared to hit you in public."

"The rules are clear." I said with a nod before standing infront of her. "I won't break them, I promise." I wrapped my arms around her and it didn't take her long to react to it. She was probably more nervous then I was.

-----

And there we go. I got out of te car with a smile and turned around to take her hand in mine to help her out aswell. She made sure she stood steady on her high heels before looking at me with a smile. I smiled back before I wrapped my arm around her waist, letting my hand rest on her hips as I guided her forward.

I could hear our names a couple of times and I really wish flashes were forbidden at events like this. We posed for a few pictures before I let go of her and gave her a quick hug before she went over to Crystal.

She looked so amazing today and I wish she hadn't put up these rules. I might still feel like shit a lot of the time, but tonight I'm a happy man who got to take a girl in a beautiful dress to a show.

Sad Ashton seemed long gone when she got out of that car, happy Ashton wanted her.

But then realisation hit me that for her, this was an act.

She was pretending, while I wasn't.

-----------------------------------------------
A/N: DID ASHTON JUST ADMITTED HE LIKES HER?

IM PROBABLY UPDATING A FEW MORE CHAPTERS TODAY BCS THERE ARE SO MANY DRAFT CHAPTERS THAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT BUT I CANT SO IM GOING TO POST A LITTLE MORE SO BE PREPARED

oh and I can already guarantee you the chapter will have atleast 60 chapters bcs I just wrote chapter 50 and unless I decide to make a second book, I'm not close to finished.