chapter fourty-nine

"Wait so we're going to the zoo?" I said excited when the taxi came to a stop before the entrance.

"Yes, and there's a lot more." He said with a proud smile before getting out of the car and rushing to my side to open my door. He is trying so hard to impress me.

"I really didn't expect you would be taking me here."

"I know how much you love animals and I wanted to do something special." He said as he took my hand to get to the entrance.

I was a little surprised, but so happy. I always felt like a kid in a candy store at places like this. There aren't a lot of things that make me happier.

"Are you ready for our special tour?" ashton asked when he came back to me after talking to the girl at the entrance.

"Special tour?" I asked confused

"We get to go behind the scenes and pet and feed some animals." He said as he held up two passes for us. I think I could cry happy tears now.

"Can we feed the giraffes?" I said trying so hard to keep my tears inside my body

"Yes we can, and you can pet them and take pictures with them." He said with a smile before holding out his hand for me. I grabbed it excited and now took the lead to walk inside. "One of the zoo keepers will show us around and show everything backstage, after that we can still walk around if you want to."

"This is the best day of my life" I replied honestly. I really didn't know how to react, this is like a dream to me.

—-

"We are going to go to the Carter Giraffe building next, they are inside during the winter so we can get a close look on them and you can meet a few of them. We have one younger giraffe that was born last summer and we have been training him to be around people so you can meet him." The zookeeper said with a smile, we walked out of the inside cages of the lions and could already see the huge giraffe building infront of us. "You came at a right time for a tour like this, normal visits are better during the warm months but to see behind the scenes it's nicer in winter months as most of them go inside so you get to see them for sure."

"It's so amazing to be able to see them like this" I said with a smile. I haven't let go of Ashton's hand much. I was so thankfull that he got me this.

"So we can really pet the giraffes?" Ashton asked with a huge smile

"Yes ofcourse! And you can feed them aswell if you'd like."

"They are her favourite animal" he said as he looked down at me, I just had the biggest smile on my face while I looked around.

"They are incredible animals to work with, I normally work in the african part so I get to handle them a lot. They're fascinating." He said with a smile on his face aswell. The guy was in his mid 30s I think and seeing how fascinated he is by all the animals he shows us and how much he loves to do this is just amazing. I wish I could be like that in my job.

"I've never been able to touch one before so I'm really excited." I replied with a smile. We walked inside the building through a special 'staff only' door and after going through another door we came face to face with the animals I love. They were a bit lower then us so their necks were on our body heights.

"The young one is in the back, but feel free to pet any of them if they come close enough. But seeing as it's feeding time, I'm sure that they will." The guy walked a bit further to get a wheelbarrow filled with hay before coming back to us with it. "Each cage gets one of these, 4 times a day, when they're outside they get their food from other places aswell but here we have to hand them all the food. We put them in high places because that's natural for them. All the giraffes here were born and raised in captivity but they still have all natural reflexes and even if they never learned it in the wild, they do exactly the same things."

"They're so beautiful" she said silently as she watched them. When she walked up to them she immediatly got their attention.

"That's Jolie, she's our oldest female and the only one left from our first group. Three of the ones we have are her kids and there are two more that got transferred to another zoo." He informed her while he was feeding the others.

"That's french right?" I asked while I looked at him.

"Yes, it's french for beautiful." He said with a smile.

"This is the best birthday ever." Alexis said before reaching for my hand to pull me next to her. "Thank you."

"I would do anything for you, don't forget that." I said before placing a kiss on her cheeck.

—-

Instagram

AshtonIrwin: she thought they were beautiful, but I think she's a lot more beautiful

AlexisThomas: thank you for today ❤
AlexisThomas: You're the most amazing human being I've ever met, thank you for being by my side. But that quote is so lame.
CalumHood: YOU TOOK HER TO THE ZOO AND WE WEREN'T INVITED?!?!
MichaelClifford: @calumhood they're on a date. Why the hell would they invite us?
LukeHemmings: DID YOU SEE THE PENGUINS?
AlexisThomas: @LukeHemmings ofcourse we did. I got you a present, but you'll have to wait till tonight.
AlexisUncovered: she's cheating on you, so why the hell are you with her?
JasonMT: @AlexisUncovered fuck off, who would she cheat with if she's on a freaking tour and around them 24/7?
5sosnews: OMG I SAW YOU WALKING AROUND TODAY. I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS YOU.
AshtonIrwin: @5sosnews do you know anyone else who walks around with sunglasses while the sun isnt even shining?
5sosnews: officially dead thanks to Ashton Fletcher Irwin.

—————————————————————
A/N: absolutly not how I pictured her in my head but turns out its freaking hard to find a picture of a girl and a giraf.