chapter four

"Luke just called to ask if I wanted to go out with them, so they won't be home for the next couple of hours." Alexis said when she walked back inside the bus. I nodded and went back to watching the movie I put on. Alexis sat down at the table behind the couch. "I'm not a big eater and they didn't make small pizzas so if you want, feel free to join."

"No thanks." I replied without taking my eyes of the screen. It went silent between us again and I liked that. Us just not talking. That way she didn't annoy me and I didn't have to yell at her.

I sound like a freaking asshole.

But that's not going to change.

"I'll put the leftovers in the fridge, incase you do change your mind." She said before she went to the bunks.

She was gone for about 10minutes when I started hearing a lot of cussing. "Does any of you smoke? Or do you know where Luke hides things?" She said, she looked so mad.

"No and no, if he hid it, don't even try. You won't find it." I said with an amused smile on my face. I knew that she smoked and I also know how badly Luke is against that. This is going to be some sort of rehab for her.

"Fucking Luke." She said before disappearing again.

"Don't even bother getting new ones because he will keep hiding them. Smoking is not good for you."

"Well, not eating isn't good for you either." She said rudely while she stared at me. "How did you even know?"

"I could smell it when you came back after the store. And Luke gave us a warning that we aren't allowed to let you smoke." I just laughed at her. And it wasn't exactly a friendly laugh.

She turned around again and disappeared in the bathroom.

She was in a bad mood and I loved it, especially since it had nothing to do with me.

I unlocked my phone and opened twitter to see what people had to say today.

I saw a lot of crap about Alexis ofcourse, pictures of us from around the city and a few of the pictures that I took with fans today. All of them had something to say about how I looked, and if they didn't, someone else did.

And then the comments that brought me here started to come up aswell. I could feel my mood changing so quickly once I read a few. It's not just one person that says it.

As soon as I saw Alexis come out of the bathroom in her pyjamas I rushed over and closed the door behind me.

——— Alexis' POV ———

When you know someone is depressed and they rush this fast to the bathroom, it's never really good. I waited a few seconds infront of the door and I couldn't hear a thing for the first 5 minutes. And then it started, I could hear the loud sobs clearly and it broke my heart. Not long ago he was laughing at me and now he's breaking down.

"Ashton?" I asked while I knocked on the door. I knew he forgot to lock it but I couldn't just go in. I got no answer at all and the sobs got more quiet. I just stayed at the door for a little longer untill I heard a massive smash and a lot of cussing from Ashton.

There was no time to think, I pushed the door open which ended up being harder then I expected as he was pushing against it. When I finally was able to open the door completly Ashton was sitting on the ground, his fist covered in blood and the mirror in a million pieces all around the small bathroom. He didn't move. He just sat there crying his eyes out. I walked over to him slowly before sitting down beside him. I wrapped my arms around him and just pulled him close. I didn't say a word to him. I just sat there and waited untill he would calm down.

I looked around the bathroom to see the blades of his razor on the sink, his shirt was lying at the door. Everything else still looked the same as when I got out, except ofcourse that there's no longer a mirror.

Ashton was starting to calm down now, I could see a few old burning marks on his chest. And at that moment I realised why Luke stole my cigarettes. It wasn't for my health, Ashton wasn't allowed to get a hold of them.

"You need to go see a doctor Ashton, you still have glass in your hand" I softly said when he had stopped crying.

"I can't." He said, his voice sounded so broken.

"Then atleast let me take care of it to look if there are any deep wounds." I said while I kept my eyes on him. When he nodded I let go of his, still slightly shaking, body. I got up and helped him up aswell.

"Don't tell anyone please." He said when he sat down at the table. I looked around for the first aid kit when I finally found it I sat down beside him and moved his hand closer to me, trying my best to get every piece of glass out of his hand. I cleaned up the wounds and he was lucky it didn't hit any muscles or bigger veins.

"How the hell are you going to play tomorrow?"

"That's my worry, not yours" He shortly said. There's the Ashton of earlier again.

When I was done wrapping his hand I got the full sight of the cuts he had made. The ones he made to finally be able to feel something.

"Don't." He warned when he pulled away and looked at me.

"I won't tell the guys, if you eat the leftover pizza." I said, a small smile on my lips. "We'll say that you tripped over Luke's clothes."

"What about the mirror?" He said, I could see he liked my idea so far, blaming Luke for the fact he can't play.

"we got the full night to think about that, their drunk asses won't see it. Blame me if needed." I said with a smile.

"Fine." He said. I got up and walked to the fridge to take out the cold pizza and put it in the microwave.

He left to go to the bathroom and cleaned his mess up while I waited for the pizza to be ready.

If you want to know, it was freaking weird watching a 23 year old eating and making sure he ate all of it. But he did. He ate all of it so here starts the lying.

"Thank you" I said with a smile when he was done before going to bed. And as soon as I laid down I could feel a hard something under my pillow.

The same box that I gave him earlier that night. I opened it slightly afraid. I wanted him to accept my gift but I was so sure that he didn't now that the box was here.

I opened it slowly and to my relieve, there was only a small piece of paper in it.

'why?'

I let out a sigh before turning the paper around and writing something on it again. I put it back in the box and opened the small curtain to throw it into his bunk bed, which was just across of the small hallway and at the same hight. So it wasn't that hard.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: do you guys like the book so far?

Don't forget to vote and comment if you do :)