chapter thirty-five

"I was joking when I first mentioned this, I really didn't think you guys would be this serious about it." I said with a laugh. I was just waiting on hearing them say it is indeed a joke. But an actual official contract of their record label was lying infront of me.

"We thought it would be cool. So we called management and they agreed that it would be great to have someone do that kind of things." Calum said with an excited smile

"So this is all serious and an actual job?" I asked still a little shocked.

"Everything stays the same for you. You will keep doing what you're doing now but this way you don't have to worry about getting a job and going home. It's more official now and this way we will keep you close to us." Luke said.

"I will read it and let you know." I said before looking at Ashton with a smile.

Ashton had went silent most of the time, he had a smile on his face but I could clearly see he wasn't happy.

"We really hope you will sign it." Luke said.

I stood up to put away the box before walking to the tree to get the four little presents I got. They were stupid little things but I liked it.

"This is just a little thank you for tour. A thank you for the amazing memories and everything you made possible." I said with a smile before handing them each their present.

They all opened it and looked at me with a smile.

"It's perfect" Luke said with a smile. They all nodded in agreement but Ashton stayed silent. I looked at him but he just looked away as soon as our eyes met.

---

"Alex, do you want to spend the night here?" Liz asked with a smile as we were finishing up with the biggest part of cleaning. I insisted on staying with them as last to help. Also because I didn't want to hand them my presents around the others. It would be weird.

"No, I'm going to go home. It was amazing to be here today." I said. Ben and Jack soon joined us on the couch when they were done aswell. "I still got something for each of you."

"Is everything alright Alex?" Jack asked worried. I just nodded before reaching for the small boxes. And again I went for something small but meaningfull.

"Are you sure that you're alright? It seems like this is your goodbye. You're thanking everyone for what they did recently and it really feels like you won't be here anymore tomorrow." Jack explained.

"I spend a big part of my life being messed up. I'm ready for a new part in my life, so I wanted to thank the people who supported me through my bad days. Each of you treated me like a sister or daughter when I needed it, I don't think I could ever thank you enough for that." I said slowly.

Jack opened his first and laughed a little when he saw what was inside. "You are the best."

It was something silly and a memory of when we were younger. I still remember how we wouldn't stop asking our moms if we could go to the other house on bad nights or days. We hid under tables and selfmade camps so many times and I don't think that's something we will ever forget. He wasn't scared, but I sometimes peed my pants.

Out of fear ofcourse. I knew how to use the toilet.

I think Ben's gift was the hardest. We were the least close and I had no clue at all what to get him. I ended up just getting him something normal as I couldn't really find anything.

Liz's present was the most personal. It was a collection of old pictures I found of us. On the last page of the album I wrote 'I don't need papers to prove you're my second mom. I love you.'

She looked at me with a small smile and I could see a tear in the corner of her eye. "I love you too, honey" she said as she pulled me close to her. "You're the daughter I always wanted." She said silently.

"Thank you for being with me when I needed you and for supporting me through every step of the way. Even when she was still here, you would show up for me. I had two moms since the very beginning." I replied. She let go of me so she could look me in the eye.

"She's proud of you for what you have done. I know that." She said with a smile before pulling me back for a shorter hug.

"Thank you." I said before wiping my own tear away.

It's hard to put into words what Liz has done for me. Even as I grew up and became an adult, she would keep supporting me. And I know she will be in the audience in a few days if I have to present my thesis. She will be there 20 minutes later and will stay as last. She and my mom did that every single time I had to do something at school. I grew up with her around me.

"It's already getting so late, will you please stay over?"

"It's only a few streets, I will be safe." I said before standing up.

"Just text me when you get there, alright?" She asked and I nodded "will you come for lunch?"

"Ashton's mom asked me to come to their place tomorrow." I said with a small smile.

"Luke told me about you and Ashton." She said and I nodded. "I get it, but don't ever lie to him about how you feel. Don't let this act go on if you don't feel like it's an act anymore, that will only get you hurt."

"I can promise you, I am not interested in him like that right now." I said with a smile "but I will remember what you just said." I gave her another hug before saying goodbye to the others aswell.

----

@AlexisThomas: I already miss being on the road.

———————————————————————
A/N: I WANT TO WRITE A NEW STORY BUT IM OUT OF INSPIRATION. I HAVE A FEW IDEAS BUT I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY ARE GOOD

IM THINKING ABOUT DOING A NIALL ONE BCS HES PERFECT

ALSO IM SO HAPPY BCS I FOUND OUT TODAY THAT NIALL IS COMING TO BRUSSELS SO I CAN GO SEE HIM (IF I GET TICKETS) AND ITS ON I DONT HAVE SCHOOL THAT DAY SO ITS FANTASTIC

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY BUT I LIKE DOING MY AUTHORS NOTES IN CAPS BECAUSE IM ALWAYS EXCITED