chapter fourty

@AlexisThomas: back on the road with the guys, I will be around the arena at 4 and will stay untill the concert starts. Meet me there ✌🏼

---

"Aleeeeex" Calum shouted while he ran up to her. She laughed as she spread her arms to give him a hug.

"Hey Calum" she said with a laugh when he attacked her. "Ready for tour?"

"Absolutly. I'm so excited!" He shouted as they were both jumping up and down.

"Is it group hug time?" Luke shouted before running up to us and wrapping his arms around Calum and Alexis, Michael joined in aswell and pulled me along. So there we are, hugging eachother like crazy idiots while we jump up and down.

We're still sleeping at home tonight so all just got to the venue by ourself. Tomorrow the traveling will start again. I look forward to being away from home again but things have changed since the European tour.

Back then all I hoped for is to survive it, and to be honest I didn't care if I didn't. Now that we're back on the road, I want to win her over. I want to get fit again and take her out, take her on dates and be around her.

I just don't have a plan yet.

"I'm going to go outside, I'll see you guys once the doors open." Alexis said with a smile. She took her bag and waved us goodbye before walking down the hallway.

"Have fun" Luke shouted, she gave us a thumbs up before completly disappearing. "So, Ashton how's your plan going?"

"I still haven't figured out what to do. She made it clear that she didn't like me a few times already" I replied with a sigh.

"Things can change, who says she still feels that way?"

"Because she told me at your party. I screwed up on christmas day and she acts so different around me now." I sat down on one of the chairs next to the stage and Luke sat down beside me.

"Look, Alex isn't an easy one. You're going to have to fight for her if you want her to admit it. She's stubborn and once she has said she doesn't wants to date a famous person, she will keep that thought. Take her out on dates, have late night talks and most of all, listen and talk to her. She likes you, maybe not in that way yet but you can change her mind."

"But what if I can't?" I asked while I looked down at my hands

"Look, I know you have been dating girls on and off and never serious before and she knows that too, but show her you're more then that. Show her you want to be serious about it and won't just give up once it gets hard."

"But how the hell do I do that? Even if I want it to be serious with her, I'm new to things like that."

"Ask Michael, he's probably the only one that's good at serious relationships." Luke said with a laugh.

——— Alexis' POV ———

5sos fans are probably the best kind of fans. They welcomed me with open arms (most of them did) when I just arrived and they are so sweet. They do give a shit about how their idol feels and they try to keep drama to a minimum. Ofcourse there are a few rotten apples amongst them, but there aren't many.

Today I ended up sitting with a group of girls, all around my own age. Fans that arrived at the very beginning a few years ago and aren't tired of them yet. They've seen their very first concerts on the streets and met them when they were still little guys.

Because there's no reason to denie the fact that they weren't the best looking guys. Puberty did all of them good.

"One of the first times I saw them live was across the street in this parc. They stole my heart while they sat there with their guitars. I still remember they said 'one day we'll be playing in that venue.' And they did it." The girl on my left said. "I was just walking through the parc, and ended up having a new favourite band."

"I was there aswell, it was incredible how they made every person that walked past stop. They come from so far but they made it." Another girl said. They all introduced themself, I am just bad with names.

"Do you girls sometimes miss it? Miss the times when they just walked over the street and played in parcs?" I asked as I looked around at them.

"I do. They used to be able to reply to almost everyone on social media. It was so much easier to be in touch with them back then. But then again, I'm proud of were they have come." The girl on my left said again.

"Do you miss it? Do you miss having your bestfriend close to home?" Someone asked, I didn't see who asked it.

"I sometimes do, but I can't be selfish in moments like that. They made it big, I can't be sad about that. I'm proud of my best friend." I replied with a smile "it's still weird and I don't think that will ever change. I mean, I walk into a store and see the guy I grew up with on magazine covers and concert posters around town. It's weird, believe me."

"I think it's amazing that you guys are still friends, they don't have a lot of contact with their other high school friends anymore, or do they?"

"There are a few friends who will never leave. They have friends all over the world but coming home and seeing the guys and girls you grew up with, is still the most special to them."

"How are they like in real life? We all see them as the person who they want to be in public, are they really the same in private?"

"It depends on the situation. They're not that different but there are some differences. Mostly in how serious they are in certain situations and things like that. But they're all weird and make lame jokes and they will do anything to make sure you have a good day. They're great guys to the public, but they are great aswell when there are no cameras around." I said. I looked down at my phone to see the doors would open in 5minutes. "I think it's time to go. The doors will open in a few minutes so I'm expected backstage again. I hope you will all have a great evening."

"Thank you to come out and talk with us, you are an amazing person. Ashton is lucky." The girl that was sitting beside me said. I gave them all a quick hug and put my camera in my bag again before leaving.

This is probably one of the best jobs in the world.