chapter nineteen

——— Ashton's POV ———

"I have something to say" Alexis said after we've all been sitting at the table for 10minutes. She looked nervous this morning and hasn't eaten a thing yet.

"We will listen" Luke said with a smile as he looked at her.

"I'm flying back to Australia today." She said nervously. "My dad's funeral is tomorrow morning and I'm going to go, invited or not. I need this to have closure in my life. I want to see that part of my family a last time because I'm not sure they'll still talk to me after."

"It's good that you're doing this." Luke said as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"How long will you be gone?" Michael asked, they already knew she was coming to the awards.

"I will stay in Australia for a week and then fly back to the usa so I can still be there in time for the award show. I will leave most of my stuff in the bus and just take a backpack for the travel and then use my things at home."

While I was becoming happier, I don't think anyone noticed she was getting sadder. It was then that I noticed a few bracelets were added. And she had been holding the necklace the whole time she was talking. She was not okay but she needed this closure. No matter how much it hurted.

"We will all miss you." Crystal said before taking her in a hug. "Take care and don't forget that we all love you and we're your family aswell."

"Thank you" she whispered back with a smile.

------

Three hours later we had dropped Alexis off at the airport. They only allowed me to go inside with her as there were already rumours coming that I was just a cover up for the fact that Luke's cheating. We didn't really care about the rumours but we still had to watch out, it could destroy us. I didn't say much to her, I gave her a quick hug and told her that Luke wanted her to call as soon as she got there. That's it, nothing more or nothing less. I wasn't really a talker and she knew that already. But I still regret not saying anything.

I didn't tell her to stay strong or to text if she needs someone to talk, and I wish I did. But I'm not going to be the asshole that only texts and doesn't talks. I'm already enough of an asshole to her.

"Do you want one of us to change rooms tonight? So you don't have to be alone." Luke said to me silently while we were walking downstairs for an interview.

"No it's alright, it will be nice to have some time to myself." I said with a small smile. If this would have been a week ago, Luke would have already put all his stuff in my room. I look happier now so they decided to trust me a bit more.

"If you change your mind, I'm willing to change rooms. Don't forget that." He said before patting my shoulder and running up to Calum. A few seconds later Luke had jumped on Calum's back and they were both lying on the ground laughing. Idiots.

"Luke, you have to start understanding that you're getting heavy to carry around. It was much easier when we still had weird hair and you didn't have any muscles." Calum finally said before they stood up.

"Will you be the tree if I'm the koala?" Luke asked with a smile on his face.

"I'll always be your tree, Lukey." Calum said before Luke wrapped his arms around Calum. Calum just stood there silently while trying to hold in a laugh. It was only then that I realised Michael was filming this whole thing.

"You guys are idiots" I said when Calum started laughing and Michael put his phone away.

All our phones made the notification sound and when I looked, Michael had tagged us all on twitter.