chapter thirty-nine

"Now I really hope that was what you wanted to do and why Luke left." She said as she pulled away a little. I could still feel her hot breath against my skin as she talked.

"How did you know?" I asked before taking a step back. I removed my arms from around her body and she left go of me aswell. She jumped on the counter to sit down beside me.

"You looked nervous as hell, Luke was looking at his watch and had a grin on his face." She replied with a small laugh "and Luke and I have a bet going on for New Year parties. We have to kiss someone at the exact count of the new year and there needs to be someone who saw it. There are two more people in this room, who could have seen it. And Luke also knows I will kiss Jason if I can't find anyone else. He removed every other possibility for me. So he knew I was going to kiss back, or even kiss first like I just did."

"So that was just a bet?" I asked a bit disappointed. For a second I really thought this thing might be mutual, but no, it's just a stupid bet.

"Yea. And it was nice to know you're a good kisser. We'll be back on tour the day after tomorrow and people will start questioning things. They already are because we haven't been seen together all week." She explained again before taking another cup filled with beer.

"So I'm a great kisser?"

"You're absolutly not bad. I've had better but ofcourse there will always be a difference when you're kissing your boyfriend or a friend."

If I can be honest, all I wanted to do was run. Run as far as possible so I wouldn't have to hear her talk. I couldn't run so right now I was praying for Luke or anyone to come back.

"You're not too bad yourself." I finally said with a small smile. And as if my prayers were answered, Luke walked inside with a huge grin and a girl beside him.

"So how are we on the bet?" I could hear him say to Alexis. He tried to be quiet but the door wasn't closed completly so he had to speak loud enough.

"You still didn't win." She said with a huge smile. "We do need to change what we win I think. We've had this bet for so long under the same rules."

"We'll talk about that when I'm sober again." Luke said as he laughed before handing the girl beside him a cup and refilling his.

"I do have to ask where you left Jason?"

"He's passed out on the couch." Luke said with a smile "I can't believe he's still this bad with alcohol after all his years of practice during college."

"He's the worst. It's already better but I don't think he has eaten a lot today. He always invited me to parties so I can drive his drunk ass home." She replied with a smile before looking back at me. "Do you want to go dance?"

"Yea sure" I replied, she took my hand and we walked to the living room again. She pulled me to the living room before looking around and walking to the hallway, away from the dancing and music. I think I'm only mildly expressing how I feel when I say that I'm pretty damn confused when she pulled me inside the spare bedroom.

"We need to talk. And I know this talk won't happen if we're both a 100% sober." She said before locking the door behind us. I sat down on the bed and waited for her to start as I had no clue what this was about. "I might have seen a few texts that you sended to Luke."

"What do you mean? Did you hack into his phone?" I asked. I was getting so worried because even though we made a deal to always delete eachothers texts, I didn't know if he did it.

"No, I was at his house and I lost my phone so I was going to call it to hear where it was. Luke told me to just use his phone and when I was about to dial my number one of your texts came in. I don't usually read other peoples texts but I saw your name and I read the first line before realising I shouldn't. But now I'm glad I did."

"Please explain what the hell you're talking about?" I asked as I got back on my feet to get closer to her.

"This whole thing is making it impossible for you to be with the girl you actually like. And I don't want that. We can break up, just tell the world we were better off as friends. When I kissed you, I realised how wrong this all was. I'm giving you the choice now, break up with me and be able to get an actual relationship or stay with me and possibly loose her." She said as she kept her eyes on the ground.

"What exactly did you read?" I asked. I had no clue what to say or do anymore. This is not how I wanted to start this year.

" 'I like her luke, but I know I cant' " she said before looking back at me. "I don't know who this girl is, but I want you to be happy."

"It doesn't even matter. If we would 'break up' I can't just date her. I would get tons of hate for moving on fast and besides, she doesn't feels the same." I said, I kept my eyes on her as I watched every movement she made. She was nervous but the alcohol in her blood was doing a great job in hiding it. She was laughing about how bad Jason was with alcohol, but she wasn't that good with it herself.

"How would you know that? You can't just give up. Show her how great you are, show her that you can be the one who makes her feel loved. Don't give up Ashton." She said with a smile, "you're a great guy, and I'm sure you could be a great boyfriend to her. Just give it another shot."

"I'll give it another shot." I said, her smile only got bigger when I said that. "But I can't break up with you, management wouldn't allow me that."

"Just don't give up on the one you like alright?" She asked.

"I won't." I said with a smile before hugging her.

How could I give up on the girl that saved me?

—————————————————————————
A/N: DRAMA IS BACK BUT I DONT GIVE A SHIT BECAUSE IM GOING TO SEE NIALL FREAKING HORAN LIVE ON THE 30TH APRIL AND IM SO FREAKING HAPPY AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH THIS HAPPYNESS SO SOMEONE OLEASE BE HAPPY WITH ME