chapter eight

"Start without me." I said quickly before running out of the room and making my way down the steps as quick as possible before running back outside to the bus. I didn't hear any of them following me, luckily.

"Open the fucking door Alexis. We only just got a new mirror." I yelled while I was slamming my fists against the door. I didn't hear a single thing inside, not even the shower running or anything else. It was dead silent in the bus untill I heard the door behind me open and Luke stormed in aswell looking through the cabinets quickly untill he took out a key.

"Please go Ashton." Luke said as he pushed me aside to unlock the door. "Please" he said when the door was unlocked.

"No. She texted me, not you." I said trying not to sound weak.

"She called me on the roof, she texted me before you came back. So fuck off." He rudely said before he pushed the door open.

She was sitting on the ground against the shower, no blood to be seen but she just sat there in her underwear. Her knees pulled up to her chest to cover up most of her body. She wasn't even crying and for a moment, I even thought she wasn't breathing.

"I'm sorry" she let out when Luke sat down beside her, he wrapped his arms around him and she started crying. She was finally letting go of the mask she was trying to hold on for god knows how long.

I turned around and grabbed sweatpants and a t-shirt out of her bag before bringing it to them.

"Luke, please go back for soundcheck." She softly said before wiping her eyes and taking the clothes from me. "Both of you, they need you there."

"You need us too." Luke softly said before giving her space to get dressed.

"I'll be fine, just go." She said as she looked at him with a small smile.

"You're coming with us. No way that I'm leaving you alone." Luke said and grabbed the first sweater he could find. Well, there goes my favourite sweater. "Here."

She put it on and turned her eyes to me. They showed so dull for the first time since we met. The light inside her went out and she broke.

"Okay." She slowly said before following us to the door. She put her shoes on quickly before going outside first, we walked inside slowly now that the rain has almost stopped but got pulled towards the stage as soon as we went inside.

We all got on stage together and did our thing. But I don't think there was a moment that passed by without thinking about what I just saw. I couldn't help her.

Because how can I help someone else, if I can't even help myself?

We sat down at the front of the stage for the question part. Luke on my left side and Calum on my right. I looked even worse when I sat between them.

"Hi guys, I'm Amelia and I am a big fan of you guys. I wanted to ask what you like least about eachother on tour, so things that the others do and are really annoying." She said with a smile.

"Luke is an absolute mess and never cleans his things up. No matter where you look in the bus, you'll find something that's Luke's." Calum said laughing. "I think we can all agree on thatone" Both Michael and I nodded.

"Calum's feet smell horrible. But like really horrible. It almost kills us when he takes off his shoes after a long day."

"Okay, that's true but I can't do anything about that, you, can just clean up your mess." Calum said while he looked at Luke laughing.

"I think the worst thing about Michael is that he doesn't knock on the bathroom door. He just goes inside whenever he wants." I said with a smile as we all looked at Michael

"That's really horrible because we got a friend on tour with us now, a girl, and the first day we hadn't fixed the lock yet so she warned everyone that she was going to shower but deaf Michael just went inside. We fixed the lock straight after that." Luke said laughing "She's nobody's girlfriend if you were wondering. She's just a great friend of all of us."

"That was the most awkward thing ever." Michael said laughing aswell. I don't think I had ever heard Michael scream that loud before. "The worst thing about Ashton, and I think we all agree on thatone, is that he farts and snores in his sleep and it's a concert when you're still awake and he's already asleep."

"Do I really do that?" I asked surprised.

"yes you do! I can't even believe you don't know that" Luke said. We were all laughing now before we looked back infront of us at the fans. "We all have our bad habits or fart and have smelling feet. There's nothing wrong with that."

——— Alexis' POV ———

I walked behind them slowly to the stage. I avoided any look that I was given, and there were a lot of people looking at me.

"Hey Alexis, Ashton dropped his phone earlier. Can you give it back to him after the soundcheck? I won't be around when they're done" Angie asked holding out the, now broken, phone. I took it from her and nodded. She just looked at me with a smile that people give you when you've just lost but they still try to be happy. If life was a game, I'm losing badly.

Ashton kept looking at me while they were performing making him miss a few notes and mess up. I couldn't stand looking at him anymore.

I got here to make him happy again, I got here to help him but here I am, breaking down myself.

I just sat there during the full soundcheck, reading the text I got over and over.

How am I ever going to be able to help someone if all I do is hurt others?

I shot back up when they came running of the stage. They were all laughing and they looked so happy. Except for Ashton ofcourse who walked straight up to me. "We're going to talk tomorrow. I am not letting you make the same mistakes as I did." He said before taking his phone and walking away again.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: now they're both a mess. What am I doing? 😂😂😂 I love it though. It's not a happy story and to be honest, I'm kinda done with all the happy and predictable stories.

Anyway, I literally have NOTHING to read so comment your favourite Ashton/Luke fanfics or if you got one yourself, let me know and I'll check it out.

I'm bored and I really want to find a good ash story again...