Failing To Get My Partner His Speed

I sat next to Barry,next to the treadmill.Caitlin just dropped us both here after being demanded to take us here.We both breathed heavily after that oh so 'normal' conversation with Farooq.Barry's face clearly showed he wasn't exactly sure if going through with being struck by 20000 kilo amps of electricity was going to work out well. Well I don't think this is going to work out well either,but gotta be positive for my partners sake.

"I'm not healing fast anymore" Barry said,looking up at Caitlin. Just looking at Caitlin's eyes just answered the question. She shook her head,looking sorry for Barry."That's unfortunate"

"Don't worry when Dr Wells has a theory he's usually right" Caitlin is being positive for once,that's a plus. She ran over Theo the treadmills switch and began to plug things in,ready for Cisco to turn on the generator.

"What if something happens to Joe and Iris first?" Barry questioned. Seriously I'm going to say something now.

"Why don't you just let me go? Then they will be safe" I pointed out. I have my speed it will take me only 3 seconds and they will be fine.

"No way, Star Labs needs at least one speedster in shape in case something goes wrong" Caitlin spoke momly,like if I left I'll be grounded. A loud sound came from outside the cortex and that could not be good. Farooq is almost here. Caitlin slowly stood up,looking frightened. I looked at Barry,knowing if I couldn't leave to save Iris and Joe the least I could do was to hold off zappy. He entered the cortex,the electricity waiting to be fired from his hands. I began to get up to attack,but someone's cold,sweaty hand grabbed my wrist.

"I'm not letting you go" Barry said quietly. If I can't distract him what can I do? I know. Hide. I speeded the 3 of us underneath the only window that Farooq could possibly see us in.The tension built in the air,all we could do now is wait to hear his footsteps getting quieter and quieter. The sound of the electricity in his hand was torturing. Until that sound got away he would still be there. And that's another second lost that Barry could have got his speed back. My nerves began to kick in as I began to breath heavily. This was like every time I got near the care home,knowing when I went in all the peace and quite I lavished in would be gone.

His footsteps got louder. Shit. He was coming in. Once again my quick thinking came in handy and I moved us into a cupboard,where hopefully Farooq wouldn't be able to find us.

"Do you know the human body generates electricity? The average person gives off 342 watts. And I can smell it coming from you" His voice grew closer,and closer. He could smell us. Like an animal smells for its prey. We all grabbed each other's hands,in hope this wasn't where we were to die. You could hear the electricity trying to pry away the door handle. Then a miracle that just saved us happened. We looked through the shutter on the bottom of the door and the power was back on. Cisco did it! Farooq began to retreat,probably trying to find out who had turned the power back on. We all ran out the room,thankful we were able to come back alive.

"Turn on the treadmill" Barry said,holding the top of his left arm. Caitlin and I walked up to the switch,but we both looked equally nervous about this decision. He might die if we turn it on.

"Your still hurt" Caitlin said,looking as if she was hoping to buy some more time before she had to do it.

"We don't have time!" Barry yelled on the top of his voice.

"But Barry what if this does more harm than good" I added. Fearful for my partners life.

"I don't care! If we don't try how are we meant to know" he climbed onto the treadmill,and awaited one of us to turn on the treadmill."Caitlin!Sam!"