I Love A Good Old Wall

I walked into Jitters,trying to spot Iris. After she quite angrily walked out of Star Labs,there were really only two places she would go. Home or to Jitters. My first stop was to check Jitters(mainly cause I needed a coffee to diminish my headaches)

I spotted her sitting at a table alone,gripping her coffee cup.

After placing my order and collecting it,I joined Iris at her lovely table.

"Hey there blue chum." She looked up and smiled weakly. "I know,not my best introduction"

After a tiny bit of awkward silence,I broke the ice. "Iris I just wanted to say that I'm really,really sorry for losing it with you earlier. I guess all the rage and anger I've built over the past few weeks just unleashed itself on you. Can you forgive me?"

"I should be the one apologising. I was out of line. And you were right,I am ungrateful. For everything I've got a great dad,great best friends like you and Barry and an amazing boyfriend. I couldn't ask for more. So can you forgive me?" She smiled and I got up to hug her.

"Of course. Like you said,you're one of my best friends"

"Are you sure you can find my dad and Eddie? It's clearly taking a toll on you,you look like you haven't slept in days." She pointed out,making me feel slightly self conscious.

"Of course Iris. Barry and I promised you,and I haven't broken a promise yet. And the tiredness. I don't think Caitlin filled you in,but I've got some serious head injuries that don't want to heal anytime soon" I chuckled,feeling the sore part of my head.

"Well I hope it gets better. I need you in top shape,who else am I meant to gossip to?"

"Yeah I forgot you had no friends." We both chuckled and it felt like everything between us was back to normal.

But in my life,normal doesn't last long.

Buzz. Buzz.

"Just on time to ruin our normal conversation. Cisco's made something to stop Grodd." I smirked at Iris, who's face had lit up. "Looks like I'm running you to Star Labs"

As we got up,I feel a sparking pain in my head,and I placed my hand on Iris as my breathing rate increased.

"Sam are you okay?" She asked,helping me stand.

"Yeah fine,just spiking pains" she didn't look convinced,but she also knew we needed to get to Star Labs.

Once we got to a safe alleyway,I dashed us both to Star Labs. Upon entering,I flopped onto a chair,while grabbing Cisco's protein bars.

I tried to control my breathing rate,but it was obvious that Caitlin had noticed something was wrong.

She sat next to me,and whispered before Cisco began talking.

"You are definitely not okay." She glared at me.

"I'm fine" I rolled my eyes. "Seriously Cait we have more pressing issues to worry about than my headaches. We can solve my issues later"

She sighed,and held my hand,looking pouty.

Cisco then put onto the monitors,the blueprint designs for his device. "An anti telepathy strip. It's uses magnetic resonance to neutralise any foreign neurological stimulus." Cisco handed Barry and me one,after gesturing me to get up.

I glanced up at Barry,who just looked away. Why am I always pissing people off?

"So it'll protect Barry and Sam from being mind controlled?" Iris joined the chat.

"That's the hope,but we have no way of knowing if it actually works." Caitlin said sorrowfully.

"Except for the one field test" I moaned. I just need to keep reminding myself that this is for Joe.