Choices

"The rare opportunity to go back in time and right a wrong and save your mother's life and you parents lives..quite the paradox Harrison has presented you with Mr Allen and Me Smith." Martin Stein analysed our situation. I honestly have no idea.

If I was to change the course of my life,I would undo a tragedy and have my family,but I'd lose the family I call Team Flash.

The people who made me feel alive again,and got me to a much better place in my life. I don't know if I can give that up for another life that I have no idea what's in store for me.

"The chance to be with someone you love? Seems pretty cut and dry to me." Caitlin said,glancing at Ronnie.

If I was to change the past,I'd lose her,Cisco and Ronnie. There would be a major chance that I never worked at Star Labs,so I wouldn't have met them. I'd lose my best friends,but still have the memories of our friendship.

"At first blush,Dr Snow,it would appear so,but this gift has unparalleled risk." I nodded,wanting to hear more. "Barry,the night your mother died,the night you saved yourself from being killed,and Sam when you saved yourself that afternoon,that event altered the timeline you were already on and changed the course of history."

"So what you're saying is We're are living in a parallel universe?" Cisco spoke,slowly,as if it were taking him time to process this.

Time travel. Woo! I've already done it bro.

"Just like when we time travelled before." Barry glanced down at me,as I messed with my fingers.

"But they..they only changed one day that time." Joe pointed out.

"Exactly. Now imagine 15 years of compounded experiences. One different decision,no matter how big or small impacts everything that follows. Moments upon moments,choices upon choices. New relationships,nothing would be as it is today,and you'd never know the difference, because you'd never remover any of it." Martin explained,quite fanatically. His research was coming to life,it excited him. While it frightened me to death.

"So if I go back and save my mom,my dad doesn't go to prison. I never live with Joe and Iris." Barry thought through everything.

"You might never meet me,or Caitlin or Ronnie." Cisco said,taking in a deep breath. And that's when my heart stopped.

"Or me." My hands started shaking slightly,and my eyes felt like they were swelling up again. Barry looked down,and his expression replicated mine. "And i might never meet any of you" I looked around the room at all my friends that I could possibly lose.

"Truth is,there's no real way of knowing what your life will be." Stein admitted.

"There's no choice here,Barry and Sam, you both have to do this. You gotta change the past." And with that Joe walked out. It was obvious why. He was about to the lose his son to the past.

I'd be pretty sad.

Barry then ran after Joe,and I just stood staring at a wall.

"You have to do this Sam" Cisco said,his voice breaking.

"You'll have the family that you always wanted" Caitlin said,hugging me.

"You deserve it after all the good you've done this year" Ronnie laughed,hugging me as well.

"We love you" the three of them said in unison.

"But you guys are my family." Tears came flowing out of my eyes and I couldn't hold my feelings in anymore. I quickly wiped them and started talking. "Cait,Cisco,Ronnie,Joe, Iris and Barry. You all mean the world to me. You are the family that I was destined to have. And to be fair,I wouldn't know what to expect in this new life. I lived through the trauma because of you guys. I can't lose you all to some fantasy. For all I know,I might not even like it. I'm not going back."

They all stood away and stared at me,as if I made the wrong decision. "I'll help Barry change his past,so I don't forget him. But my past can stay how it is."

They all hugged me again,and Cisco whispered in my ear. "Deep down I was hoping you wouldn't do it. I can't lose you musketeer!"

Caitlin hit his shoulder in protest,but he brushed it off. "I respect your decision Sam. But if you ever change your mind,go and change your past."

"I love you guys" I mumbled,smiling at the three of them.

This is the family that I want and that I needed. I think,I've finally accepted the truth. I lost my family,but I gained one in return who love me as much as my parents did.

"I'm going to go on a walk. Clear my head" I grinned,and walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd walked pretty far in a short scale of time. Thoughts always waste away time. The freezing Central City air blew against me,and sent a shiver down my spine. This was the perfect time to think about my decision and I'm 99% sure I made the right one. I wouldn't have a clue how to live with my family with all the memories I have now. It would all be too much.

Beep.

I grabbed my phone to see a text from Iris.

Iris: Hey Sam. Barry doesn't seem great about the whole choosing situation. He's on the top of Jitters. Could you go and talk to him? He always says you're the one who always cheers him.

Sam: sure I'm going now. Thanks for telling me Iris.

I hope I can make him feel better. After all he's done for me,it's the least I could do.