Adventures In The Sewers

"There have been reports of some sort of animal down in the sewers." Iris announced as she joined the gang. She's been scrolling through different articles for around five minutes now.

"Mm. Alligators. CHUDS. ROUSEes. Am I the only one who watches movies around here?" Cisco moaned,shutting his eyes.

"Not really the time for your movie references Cisco,Iris was in the middle of a sentence." I smiled at Iris,who smiled back at me.

I'm still trying to find the time to apologise.

I have an issue with my anger,if that hadn't been obvious enough,so normally I regret what I said(even if it was true).

"Uh,a few months ago,two sewer workers went missing. The search party reported hearing strange animal like noises down in the tunnels." Iris read out the article.

"Where exactly did they go missing?" Barry questioned.

"Uh,Fifth Avenue And Tenth Street."

"There's an access point to the sewers about two blocks east of that intersection." Cisco pulled up the schematics.

"We'll start there. Come on" Barry said,taking my hand. I feel like Barry didn't hear me when I said we need to wait till the Reverse Flash drama was over,but deep inside,I didn't really mind.

"Not alone. I'm coming too." Joe jumped up,from his slouching ways.

"Huh,wading through miles of rats,roaches,and human excrementant...count me out." We all stared at Ciscito,and we knew he'd change his mind. "Count me in."

"He's your monkey" Joe moaned,as he walked out of the cortex.

Walking through piles of shit to find a telepathic gorilla. Sounds fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cisco. Take the rest of these flares. Light them up and place them." Joes said,passing Cisco the bag of flares, "give me the banana" Cisco passed over the banana. "Stay close"

"Definitely." Barry spoke,grabbing onto my wrist as we walked. There was a dripping sound throughout the sewer,which made things even more ominous.

"Not going anywhere" Cisco dragged.

"No chance of me disappearing" I winced. I hated the dark,anything unknown could just pop out,at any given moment.

We walked through the creepy tunnel,and I kept tugging on my sleeve. My heart was beating at a steady pace,but I felt like any second now my body would kick into fight or flight,and rush everyone out of here.

"I can't believe I'm down here looking for a supernatural gorilla. I'm terrified of regular gorillas." Joe trod carefully around the sewers.

"A supernatural gorilla isn't as weird as other things we've faced" I swatted,as we heard a thud from ahead.

"What was that?" Barry jumped,subsequently making me jump.

We then saw it was just a rat,squeaking. Dumb rat...

Our guards were all on high alert,as we moved slower than we were before. Joe more than the rest of us,keeping his gun up and ready.

"Whoa. Hey,hey,guys,look at this. Incredible" Cisco shone his flashlight at the wall,to show writing,most likely in chalk,all over the walls. Maybe Grodd wrote all this?

"Looks like we're in the right place." Barry inferred.

"Yeah,and now I'm more scared that Grodd will pop out without us knowing." I gripped on his head,and he glanced up,seeing the fear in my eyes. Grodd was nice while he was in his cage,but maybe Wells has twisted his mind into thinking I'm the bad guy? Then again,he did call me good.