Messing Up

I sat at my desk. I was still trying to grasp the fact that I travelled through time. As a kid,I always thought time travel was so cool. Being able to see major historical events happen,exactly like they were written in the history books.

But I'd never travel to the future. I'd rather not worry about who I'm going to become,but the person I am today. If I knew who I'd become,I may not like it and attempt to change it,and then anything I do will lead up to me becoming like that anyway.

I have lots of free time to think over this. Well I did. Star Labs is very needing. I huffed and pushed my chair away from my desk,and walked up to my phone. BUZZZ BUZZZ.

"What?" I moaned,answering rudely.

"Barry caught Mardon" Cisco said ecstatic.

"WHAT! I'm on my way" I face planted and rushed over. We are majorly screwed. Dr Wells said we needed to do everything exactly the same as we did the previous version of the day,and this my friend DID NOT HAPPEN. The conversation in the park,Iris's distress call,the tidal wave. None of these events have happened.

My partner is always making a mess of things.

I rushed down to the pipeline to see Dr Wells was already here to lecture Barry. Cisco and Caitlin were walking away from the pipeline,and I felt some rage kicking in.

I thumped the back of his head as I rushed next to him. "What the hells wrong with you?!"

"Do you have any idea what you've just done?" Dr Wells said,as Barry turned to look at him.

"Yeah,I do. I just saved a lot of lives." Barry said triumphantly.

"Dr Wells told us we had to stick to how the original day happened" I looked at him with dishonour. He didn't even ask me if it was a good idea. We are partners,and I deserve to know if he's going to mess with the timeline.

"I warned you not to mess with the timeline."

"Dr Wells,if you would just let me tell you what was gonna happen, you'd understand why I did this." He defended.

"I know what was going to happen,but I really don't understand why you did this." I told him looking down at the ground. Oh we are absolutely screwed.

"Whatever tragedy you think you've just averted,time will find a away to replace it and trust me,Barry. The next one could be much worse." Dr Wells rolled out,leaving me alone with Allen.

"Come on Sam,you should understand we couldn't let the tidal wave take place." He grabbed my hand,hoping for understanding.

"Yeah,I do Barry. But we have to think about the stability of time. We now have no idea what this bigger threat that's coming is." I looked up at him,as he looked confused.

"Well,Whatever the new threat is,we will do it together. That's something time can't take away from us. Our special connection" I smiled,after his sweet words.

"You always know what to say" and we walked out of the pipeline together.

I'm still nervous about the threat,but as Barry said. We can do it. Together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed.

Barry and I are now in the training room,using the modified treadmill,to test out our speed. To see if we were capable of running back in time once more. We haven't been successful yet.

Currently Bar is on the treadmill and I'm routing him on. "COME ON FASTEST MAN ALIVE! YOU GOTTA B FASTER TO EARN THE TITLE"

He chuckled,as he continued to run. Dr Wells then rolled in,and ruined our semi happy environment.

Barry slowed down after realising Wells present in the room,eventually coming to a completed stop and joining me on the steps leading to the treadmill.

He sat down,after a lot of panting. "I don't get it. I'm running as fast as I was when it happened and nothing,I'm still here." Barry held his head in his hands,

"Any number of things could've triggered the wormhole that allows you to repeat your day. Your emotions,your circumstances,your cortisol levels,all of the above." Wells thought over all the possibilities out loud.

"Well,I mean my adrenaline was super high since Sam and the entire city.." Oh Barry. Still doesn't get he can't talk about the day with anyone other than me.

"No,no,no. No details,I told you." Wells moaned.

"I'm sorry but Mark Mardon's already Locke din the pipeline and nothing bad has happened." Barry paced.

"Yet"

"Very true" I spoke out,agreeing with Wells.

Joe knocked on the door,and waltzed in.

"Detective." Dr Wells exclaimed,halfheartedly.

"What are you doing doing here?" Barry spoke,nodding his head.

"So when were either of you planning on telling me you took down Mardon?" Joe asked,sounding slightly annoyed,that neither of us told him the psycho serial killer that wanted to kill him was apprehended.

"Joe,I would have told you but I had no idea till the last second that Barry took down Mardon. All on him" I said,acting all innocent,and getting a glare off Barry.

"I..I just haven't had the chance yet." Barry stuttered.

"You got sidetracked,you mean?" The anger is increasing.

"No,Joe,you can't be mad." Barry laughed,as if Joe saw this as a joke. My guess,he really isn't.

"I'm not mad. But I'm curious. I mean,your were acting so weird at the crime scene." Joe said,looking up and down.

"Joe,isn't Barry weird on daily basis?" I sarcastically questioned,as I already knew the answer. Yes. Barry is weird always.

"It's true. I always act weird." Barry puffed,acting as if Joes statement was ridiculous.

"Weirder."

Barry looked down at Dr Wells for answers,and he shook his head.

"Look,Joe,there are just some things that I can't tell you,and you're just gonna have to trust me." Barry's phone began to buzz,and he turned around to check it out.

He picked up,sounding exasperated. "Hey,Linda. Yeah,I know. I'm so sorry. I..I lost track. I'm gonna head that way now. All right bye." He cut off the phone. "I have a lunch date with Linda. I gotta run" he winked at me as he ran out.

Oh that boy.

"And I don't suppose the two of you're gonna fill me in either?" Joe glance at the two of us. I shook my head,in a apologetic manner,and Wells just flat out said

"No"

Joe smiled and walked out.

"Well I gotta get some coffee,so I will see you later Dr Wells." I saluted and rushed out to Jitters.

I need some coffee to waked me up from this crazy ass dream. Unfortunately,this ain't no dream.