Chapter 15; Only Lies And Secrets Part 1

Chapter 15:

I watched as Caitlin relaxed under the cold water. My heart knocking hard in my chest, getting ready to pop.

Why did this keep happening? Just why? Sin looked at me for a brief moment before he directed his eyes back to our daughter.

Sin's hands were trembling under cautlin and for the first time in five years I see his fear. His eyes kept wandering on Caitlins face looking for any sign of pain and distress.

Minutes passed by like hours and once Caitlins body temperature settled, I wrapped her in a towel tightly holding her to my chest. I smoothed out her brown locks and hummed in her ears. The tears that were brimming my eyes, I tried holding them back. Claire walked in, looking between sin and I with concerned eyes before taking Caitlin from my arms and walking out of the bathroom, and out her bedroom to Caitlins bedroom.

Sin looked at the ground silently. His eyes kept Wandering from one place to another. His breathing was heavily taken in and released. His fingers still trembling, but holding on tightly to the bathroom basin. I didn't know how to speak to him, knowing now he was going through the same thing I was going through. Our daughter was not well. And to find the words to comfort him, I just couldn't think of anything.

He let out a sigh, his grey eyes locking their gaze on me. "Isabelle, speak to me." he said. His tone calm, but the anger laced his voice.

"I-i don't know what to say." I said to him. My voice barely going high. I felt weak. Tired. I felt like I failed my daughter. I felt horrible.

"Isabelle, what's wrong with our daughter?" he questioned me.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I could form any words to explain. How was I to explain to my mate about what happened during those 2 out of 5 years?

"ISABELLE!" he roared my name. The tears began brimming my eyes again as I took a short breath in.

"I don't know." was all I could answer. And truly, I don't know. Even though we had a rough past, there was nothing out of the ordinary that I could link to right now.

"You don't know? YOU DON'T KNOW?! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR DAUGHTER WHILE YOU WERE WITH HER FOR THE FIVE YEARS?, YOU DISAPPEARED ISABELLE! SO DON'T BULLSHIT ME ABOUT NOT KNOWING!" he yelled out in anger. His overprotective side taking over.

I looked away from him, not having the courage to look him in the eyes. I could feel his disappointment, dissatisfaction and anger. He was blaming himself.

Yes, he did end up drunk kissing Lilliana, but I blame myself for not being strong enough to protect Caitlin, not being smart enough to know what's wrong with my daughter.

"Were taking her to the pack hospital tomorrow, they're going to check her and while we're at it, they'll check you too." fear rose up my throat as those words left Sin's mouth.

"Why are you scared Isabelle? Why is your heart beat speeding UP? What are you hiding." he questioned as I looked at him.

"N-Nothing" I lied.

What if they discovered anything from the past? Would Sin be as Forgiving as he is now? Would he try and understand me?

" Sin, I don't think that's necessary, I'm fine, I ju-" he cut me off in my mid sentence.

"You have no right to speak right now Isabelle, I am holding in a huge amount of anger, don't tempt me." he said in a deadly tone.

I wanted to speak out but something made me bite my tongue. He looked at me, his eyes softening for any a mere second, before he walked out of Claire's bedroom shutting the door behind him.

My heart raced faster and heavier. Was this it? Was I going to get rejected a second time? Tears brimmed my eyes. He'd never forgive me for this. Never. Sin would hate me and honestly, it hurt thinking about that.

I paced the bathroom with heavy steps, this can't be happening. I sighed my mind wandering off as I walked out of the bathroom, out Claire's room and down the tiled stairs. How was I to explain what happened when the question arises? What was I to do?

*****************

Okay yes! You're such a son of a -! Let's keep our profanities at bay! 😂!

I'm. Trying but eh, no more promises! Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

Rama