Prologue

Marli

I woke up with a pounding headache and severe back pain. What the hell happened to me? I sighed heavily and began to sit up only to be halted by a strong pair of arms. That's what happened.

"Where you goin?" he groaned.

I sighed once more and tried to pry open the tight grip he had around my waist failing when he only tightened his hold.

"I'm going to the bathroom Titus."

Annoyed and in pain I got up when he finally released his death grip. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the bathroom slowly, pain shooting through my body with every step. I closed the door behind me locking it. I nearly fainted when I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had disgusting hickies and hand marks all on my neck, a slightly busted lip, a blackened right eye, and a small bruise right under the left eye. I shook my head as my eyes began to water and proceeded to turn on the shower. As I waited for the water to get hot millions of thoughts ran through my mind.

Is it me?

Am I doing something wrong?

Why does he keep hurting me?

A loud bang on the door broke me out of my trance.

"Marli! Fuck is you doin lockin this damn door!" he yelled violently.

I immediately reached for the door unlocking it. Before I could apologize for my actions my voice was cut off by a strong hand gripping my neck.

"You know you don't lock no damn doors around here. Don't make me give you a repeat of last night." he scowled

I began punching his chest and scratching at his hand.

"Titus!" I croaked

He glared at me one last time before releasing his hold on my neck. I instantly dropped to the floor and held my chest as I violently gasped for air. I scooted over to the corner of the bathroom grabbing a towel to cover up my nude body. Titus smirked before shaking his head and walking out of the bathroom making sure to leave the door cracked. I pulled my knees up to my chest and silently cried.

I don't deserve this.