33

Marli

"I'm coming back next week to go to the aquarium with y'all."

"Can you come back to the house with us after?" Noonie asked looking up at me with her big brown orbs.

"We'll see."

"Iight we gotta dip, give Ms.Marli some love." August boasted coming from the kitchen with bags of food.

They all wrapped their little arms around me planting kisses on any available space on my face.

"See ya later!" They chirped running over to August giving him the same type of treatment.

"Iight, I love y'all."

"I love you too Uncle Aug." They replied in unison.

He kissed them one last time before making his way over to me.

"Ya ready?"

I nodded saying my good yes to the remaining people in the living room and proceeded out of the door.

"That was fun." I announced as we walked hand in hand to the car.

"Oh was it now? Miss.My Stomach Is In My Ass." He replied dying of laughter.

"Boy bye."

I playfully snatched my hand away from him as I arrived to the car.

"August!"

Confused, we turned around to see a girl rushing towards our direction. The look on August's face shifted from lost to ecstatic.

"Lani? Wassup girl!" He boasted bringing her in for a hug.

A pretty long hug at that.

"Lani this my girl Marli, Marli this Lani. We used to be real good friends back in high school."

I forced a smile as she suddenly engulfed me into a hug.

"It's nice meeting you Marli." She chirped.

"You too, um babe I'm gonna go wait in the car."

He gave me a quick nod returning his gaze back to Lani. I waved to her, however it went unnoticed due to the fact that their eyes were practically glued to each other. I got into the car and sank into my seat taking her in. No doubt about it she was gorgeous. Short, light skinned, tattoos everywhere, and short black and blonde hair. By the looks of it they must've had a very close relationship. I grew a little irritated seeing the two exchange phones but quickly shook it off. After returning each others property he snaked his arms around her waist as they came together for another heartfelt hug. She kissed his cheek as they went their separate ways. I felt myself growing angry but dismissed that as he got into the car.

"Sorry baby we were catchin up."

I nodded forcing yet again another smile.

"You good?" He questioned taking my hand in his.

"Yeah babe." I assured pecking his lips.

He smiled starting up the car and pulled off. I sank back into my seat gazing out of the window. Yes, I am very bothered by their encounter but they've known each other long before I came into the picture. Plus they're just friends. I'm not gonna act on my feelings because I don't want any problems with us. I'm happy and he's happy, we don't need any drama so I'm keeping my mouth shut.