11

August

"What the fuck were you doing!" Yanna screamed pushin me again.

"I ain't do shit to ha. I was trynna fuckin talk to ha but she wanna be difficult!"

She huffed and started bangin on the door.

"Marli get out of the bathroom!"

Just then Brian brought his ass up in here.

"Fuck is y'all screamin for?"

"Your friend had Marli pinned up against the wall crying and screaming... Marli please come out." She pleaded.

I groaned in frustration. They makin it seem like I did somethin to the girl. I was just trynna get ha to listen to me.

"Aug man the fuck?"

"It ain't even like dat bruh so chill. We was talkin and shit just got serious and she wasn't listenin to me... Look fuck it I ain't bout to trip over no broad she wanna act like a fuckin child and run away from her problems then so be it." I yelled makin sure she heard every word.

Fuck ha I ain't finna baby a grown ass woman. She wanna act childish go head. Imma just do me.

Days later

Marli

"Hey Mar you need anything before I go?" Yanna asked peering in my room.

She's got a date with Brian tonight, those two have been inseparable ever since they met.

"No I'm good, have fun. No sex." I warned.

"Hey I wanna talk to you about something before I go."

Oh god.

"Um sure what's up?"

"August."

I huffed and waved her off. Ever since our encounter I haven't heard from him since, not that I wanted to. He's the least of my worries, fuck August.

"Yanna go on your date."

"Stop being do stubborn and listen. I know what happened and you were dead wrong to judge him like that. Just because Titus-"

"Don't fucking bring him up!" I shot back.

I'm so sick of people bringing him into conversations. He has no affect on me anymore so they need to just drop that shit. She began smirking.

"Fuck is so funny?"

"You. You're so stuck on Titus and the shit he did to you you're taking it out on August. That's not fair to him or you. News flash Marli, he ain't Titus.

He's not here to hurt you, if he was he would've hit you when he had the chance but did he? No. Get that through your fucking head."

She walked out slamming the door. They just don't get it. It's not easy to just forget and move on like shit didn't happen. Like I didn't encounter endless nights of getting my face bashed in by somebody I loved, being forced to have meaningless sex by somebody I loved, getting fucking raped by somebody I loved. Excuse me for having issues with moving on. I'm still hurt and I'm still scared. Yes, I was wrong for judging August but I can't help the way I feel. I sighed wiping away tears and grabbed my phone texting August:

To Aug🔥💕💕: Hey Aug I'm sorry for what I said the other day, I was wrong. Can you just come over so I can explain everything please.

I locked my phone waiting patiently for him to respond. After about 30 minutes I checked his thread to see he had read it. I grew irritated and decided to call him. After ringing for what seemed like forever he finally answered.