36

Marli

I was laying down bored waiting for somebody to come back home. August hadn't hit me up yet but I expected that since ya know he's with his precious little Lani. I rolled my eyes at the thought of them.

"God, why me." I whispered wiping a lonely tear.

I plugged in my earphones and began listening to Don't Forget About Me by August. If I can't have him here at least I can listen to his voice. I buried myself under covers as I silently wept, falling asleep soon after.

10 minutes later

I was awaken by doors slamming and vicious screaming. I jolted upright and ran downstairs to see Yanna and August going ham on each other.

"Hey, hey back up! What the hell is going on!?" I screamed rushing in between the two.

"Yeah Aug tell her what the fuck is going on!"

"Keyanna shut the fuck up! This shit don't concern yo ass." He spat.

She looked at him grimly as his nostrils flared.

"What happened." I croaked already knowing.

I'm not stupid. I know him and her did something or were bound to. I was just too afraid to see it or admit it. Everything was going good and I didn't want it to stop. I feared that if I spoke up about my feelings then it would cause drama, but I guess I should've because look where we're at now.

"Bab-"

"Did you fuck her." I bluntly stated not looking at him.

He huffed throwing his hands on the top of his head, pacing back and forth.

"Fuck man!" He bellowed swinging a fist in the air.

That was all I needed. Confirmation.

"Baby I was high alright, just please listen to what I gotta say." He begged touching my arm as I snatched away.

"You touch me again and I will fucking end you August. Get out." I stated calmly, although I was boiling inside.

"Naw. I'm not leaving, just listen-"

I don't know what came over me but my fist violently connected with his jaw causing him to stumble back a little and it didn't stop there. It was like I blacked out. I continued attacking him, sending blows at his chest and anywhere else I could get one. I had finally cracked. I knew from this point on I would never be the same.

"Mar stop it!" Yanna boasted as I continued lashing out on him.

She wouldn't dare come between us because she's pregnant and I was going completely berserk. After having enough, August roughly grabbed my arms as I sobbed.

"Baby I'm so sorry I never meant for this shit to go this far!"

He tried pulling me into him but I forced him back, although he still had a good grip on my arms.

"Fuck you." I said out of breath.

"You're just like him."

"Don't you ever compare me to that nigga." He said sternly.

A smirk appeared on my tear stained face as I snatched away from him. I had struck a nerve but I didn't care.

"Titus number two. Instead of physically abusing me you fucked me up emotionally. You're no different than him, y'all are just alike. Since you're so much like him go ahead Aug, hit me. I know you've got it in you. All of your outbursts in the public eye, I can only imagine how you can get in private so go ahead, hit me." I challenged.

"Marli." Yanna whispered touching my arm.

"I suggest you shut the fuck up." August warned through clenched teeth.

"Or what? You gonna hit me? Do it, I don't give a fuck. Do it so you can prove to me how much more of a bitch you really are. I trusted you. You played the fuck out of me. You got me at my weakest point and took advantage of that. You're a sick bastard just like him." I spat turning away.

He forcefully gripped my arm spinning me around and slamming me up against the nearest wall. He pushed himself against me holding my arms above my head.

"August stop!" Yanna screamed stressfully still standing back a safe distance.

"I told ya to shut the fuck up. Don't fuck wit me Marli." He hissed as his eyes pierced through me, full of rage.

I stared at him intently as unexpected tears came rolling down. I saw his face soften as he began to speak, but I cut him off.

"Just go. Please."

"I know ya don't want this. I fucked up bad and I'm sorry. Please don't leave me imma make it up to ya I swear just don't leave. Remember ya promised ya wasn't gon leave me."

"You promised you'd never hurt me."

He sighed looking down at me trying to kiss me. I tiredly turned my head away, averting the lips that I had grown to love.

"August get off of her." Yanna gently spoke pulling him away.

Not wanting to be in his presence a second longer I rushed upstairs. I stormed into my room grabbing anything of his setting it on the top step. As I was ridding my room of his possessions I heard him crying to Yanna downstairs. I peered over the balcony seeing August sitting on the floor with his head in his hands and Yanna rubbing his back.

"Shit man. What the fuck was I thinking." He groaned.

"Look even though I hate you right now it's gonna be alright. You're human, humans fuck up. I know Marli is hurt as hell right now but she loves you. Shit a lot more than you think August. Just give her time dude." Yanna stressed.

I walked away not wanting to hear the rest. I knew if I continued to listen to him confess and sob I'd feel sorry him and forgive him. I refuse to be a doormat. For years I've been walked over and treated any kind of way but not anymore. I'm young, I shouldn't have to deal with this. I trudged into my room silently closing the door and sank into bed. I let myself go as I began crying harder than ever. I don't deserve this.