31

Marli

My eyes grew wide as we pulled up to his moms house. There were cars everywhere, he said I was meeting his mom not the whole damn community.

"August, seriously?"

He chuckled and grabbed my hand planting a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Chill baby."

"You said your mom, not all of Atlanta." I breathed out.

I threw my head back against the headrest as my stomach began turning once again.

"Stop being so scary, you can't be that nervous baby."

"Nervous is an understatement. My stomach is in my ass." I mumbled looking up at the house.

He doubled over in laughter as I side eyed him getting frustrated. I'm not so good when it comes to meeting new people. I get shy and reserved, what if his mom takes that as me being uppity? Lord please let this woman like me. August had finally calmed down enough to notice the worried expression on my face as gazed at the house once again.

"Baby look at me."

He brought my face to his pecking my lips repeatedly.

"You trust me?"

I sighed nodding my head.

"Iight then. It's gonna be fine I promise just relax and socialize wit em. They don't bite." He assured.

I nodded reaching for the door handle until August stopped me.

"Ya know better." He warned getting out and opening my door for me.

I cracked a small smile as he helped me out.

"Ya ready?"

I nodded once again as he lead me to the front door. He rang the doorbell as i stood alongside with him, nervously awaiting. Moments later a little girl with beautiful long hair appeared before us.

"Kayden what I told ya bout openin this door where ya mama at?" August fussed picking her up.

"She with Uncle Travis." She replied looking at me.

She whispered something in his ear causing August to grin as they both focused there attention on me.

"KayKay this my girlfriend Marli, Marli this my niece KayKay."

"Girlfriend? Uncle Aug when you get a girlfriend? I thought you ain't love these-"

"Kayden, watch ya mouth." August said sternly.

I should've been offended but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hi sweetie nice to meet you."

"You pretty, Uncle Aug can she come play with me and Noonie. ChayChay being mean and won't play with us."

"Not right na baby, later though. Where MawMaw at?"

"In the kitchen."

"Let's go." August replied grabbing my hand as he held KayKay leading us into the kitchen.

I was hit with the aroma of God knows what. Whatever his mom is cooking smells good as hell. We arrived to a kitchen full of women laughing, drinking wine, and having a good time.

"MawMaw!" KayKay called out causing his mom to turn toward us.

"Yes Kay- my baby!" She started but then became ecstatic at the sight of Aug. I smiled as she rushed over to August while I smoothly moved behind him. She embraced him in a huge hug, kissing all over his face. She pulled away admiring August until her eyes landed on me.

"And who might this young lady be?" She stated smiling.

August looked to his side noticing I wasn't there and turned around. He smacked his teeth pulling me next to him.

"What ya hidin fa, Ma this my girlfriend Marli. Marli this my mama Ms.Shelia."

"Nice to meet you Ms.Shelia." I spoke softly sticking my hand out.

"Oh chile we don't do handshakes round here!" She exclaimed pulling me in for a hug.

"And its Mama Shelia to you babygirl."

"Yes ma'am." I replied smiling

"Alright now, August go on out there with the men, don't worry about Marli I ain't gon bite her... Yet." She said playfully.

My eyes grew kind of wide as they both laughed.

"I'm just playing child, August go."

"Iight mama, bye baby." He replied kissing me on the cheek and disappearing out of the room.

"Well come sit. August ignorant ass ain't introduce you to everybody, this is Chandra and Netia, Aug's sisters. And that's Auntie Claudette, Tranice, Denise, and Val. And his grandma, my mama, Mrs. Joanne."

"Excuse me? Grandma Joanne." His grandma corrected.

She introduced me to a few more people as I exchanged a series of hellos as well as hugs and proceeded to sit next to Chandra.

"Wine?" Mama Shelia asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Very Respectful, I like her. So much better than those hoodrat hoes he used to bring around." Mrs.Joanne cooed.

"So what do you do for a living?" Chandra asked.

"I'm currently in my 3rd year of college, but I have a partnership with an online store Sorella Boutique and I work at the children's hospital from time to time."

"Ooh Sorella, I love that store!" His younger cousin Chasity boasted.

"Impressive, what are you majoring in?" Mama Shelia questioned.

"Pediatric nursing. I've got an internship this summer at Wolfson and once I graduate I'll have a full time position there."

"Pretty, ambitious, and smart. I love her."

"Mama don't scare the girl off." Mama Shelia stressed.

We all laughed as we continued to talk about everything. So far so good.

----------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated I graduated on Thursday, TURN UP! But I was busy prepping for it then after I was busy with the fam but I might be posting all day today.