46

A few days later

Marli

"Come on just tell me who you're performing with, I won't say a word I swear." I whined.

"Nope, you'll see." He replied as he began to get dressed.

I stuck my tongue out at him before noticing his worried expression.

"Baby what are you nervous for?" I stressed through the screen.

I watched intently as August continued to nervously get dressed. Today was the day he would thrive at the BET Award's and boy was he nervous. He decided to call me on FaceTime before going out to the red carpet. He was ranting and raving about he didn't think he'd win but I know in my heart he will. He's a very talented person and he deserves it. All the hard work he's put in I know he'll be recognized for his amazing success.

"I don't know man, I'm just scared."

"Of what? Accidentally tripping a little when you accept your award. Correction, awards." I joked smiling.

He sighed before a small smile crept upon his beautiful face.

"Stop doubting yourself babe. I believe in you, our families believe in you, the nation believes in you, and most importantly Mel. Mel believes in you babe, and as long as you have him in your heart nothing can stop you. You got this Slim."

He nodded as he cleared his throat, I'm assuming to fight back tears, and looked directly into the camera in awe.

"You amazing, ya know that right?"

"Well you know how I do." I joked popping my imaginary collar.

He laughed at my animated response as his stylist handed him a deep blue blazer. I watched as he slipped it on and allowed her to make the finishing touches. He sighed before handing her the camera so I could get a full body view.

"So, how do I look?" He questioned nervously.

I swear in that moment my heart stopped. Sexy wasn't even the word, he looked beautiful. If it was possible to fall in love over a screen then I sure as hell did. And I thought white was his color, he's going to have to add blue to his wardrobe.

"Uh hello? Baby?"

"Huh?"

I sat up a little trying to control the butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"I said how do I look?"

I dramatically sighed as I placed my hand on my forehead, pretending to faint.

"You really need to take acting classes baby."

"You need to stop playing with my heart like that. I just fell in love, you look amazing babe seriously. Looking like a big bag of money, Jesus take the wheel!" I exclaimed.

I sighed in pure amazement as I rested my head against the headboard. He chuckled before taking his phone back and setting it against the mirror. I watched as that nervousness expression crept upon his face as he slipped on a few accessories.

"Aug look at me."

He sighed once again before looking into the camera.

"Today is your day, don't go out there doubting yourself. Walk with your head held high, prove everyone who said you couldn't do it wrong. You got this I promise. Now wipe that frown off of your face and go out there and have fun."

"I love you man, I really do Marli. Thank you for being here for me and putting up with my shit, I really appreciate you babygirl."

"That's my job baby. I love you more Slim, always and forever."

"August it's time to go." A blonde haired woman announced, peering through the trailer door.

He nodded his head before turning his gaze to me. I nodded my head as he smiled once more.

"I got this." He stated

"You got it babe." I assured.

I blew him a good luck kiss before ending the call. Overjoyed with happiness, I got up and began to get ready to go over Mama Shelia's house with Yaya and my family. We were all going to watch the awards together and just have a good heartfelt time watching Aug get the recognition he deserves.

An hour later

"And the award for best new artist goes to..."

We all sat around anxiously waiting for the outcome.

"August Alsina!"

Everyone jumped up and screamed in pure bliss as we gawked over Aug who was now on screen.

"My baby." Mama Shelia croaked as tears began to flow.

I cupped my hands over my face as I felt myself begin to cry as well. I knew it, I knew he would win and this is only the beginning. To say I'm proud is an understatement, this man came from nothing and look where he's at. It's just amazing, nobody can tell us God isn't good because he's living proof.

Our boisterous outburst came to an end as August walked up to the mic. Our hearts fell once we noticed he was trying to fight back tears.

"Awww, baby don't cry." I whispered, whisking away a few tears myself.

"T.T why Uncle Aug crying?" Kay asked gripping my leg.

I picked her up, propping her on my hip as she looked back at the screen.

"Because he's happy baby. He made it."

She cheesed up at me as we continued to watch in amazement. Another hour had passed and it was finally time for him to perform. The kids had fell asleep so it was just the grown ups, drinking and talking. I sat down with a glass of wine in my hand smiling as he appeared on screen.

"I need that girls trainer. Her ass is amazing!" Yanna boasted.

I shook my head before returning my focus to the television. He looked so amazing and I found myself wondering how I got so lucky. We all sang to the song until Mama Shelia decided to be funny.

"I know these girls singin along like he singin to them knowin damn well he talkin about Mar. They know better."

"Well you know how we do." I boasted, playfully flipping my hair.

We all got turned up as the best to I Luv This Shit began to play. We sung along and danced until an unexpected voice joined in.

"No he didn't. No the fuck he did not!" I shouted in excitement as Trey appeared on screen.

To say I was hype was an understatement. I should've known his slick ass was gonna pull this!

"Yaaaaaaaaas!" Yanna screamed swaying along to the beat.

Soon after Chris appeared as well and the Holy Trinity was now before us. The awards continued and he had won another award, Coca-Cola Veiwer's Choice Award. The amount of joy I was feeling was just unbelievable. Being able to witness this type of succes from a person as humble as him is overwhelming. To know he came from nothing to debuting an album, selling out shows, and winning awards is just a breathtaking. He deserves it all and I thank God he got his life on track to live to see this moment. The sky is the limit and he's only going to go farther.