34

3 weeks later

Marli

"Babe you sure you don't wanna go with us?"

"Baby what I look like sittin at a doctors appointment with y'all? Imma leave that up to y'all I'll just hit the studio again, Lani gon swing through and record some shit wit me."

"You went to the studio with her the other day. Babe come on." I sighed.

Ever since they reconnected all his time has been devoted to her. They spend practically every day together. He even brought her to my house for a dinner that I had to quickly prepare because he decided to mention it last minute. I was just completely over this whole friendship and I wish she'd go back to wherever she came.

"Baby I can't just bail. I already told ha I was comin through."

I looked over at Yanna who just shook her head and walked away.

"Alright, I'll see you whenever" I mumbled.

"Baby don't be like that. Imma make it up to ya tomorrow I promise."

"Okay."

I didn't care about his words because that's the same promise he made last week but he ditched me to go to dinner with Lani and her family.

"I love you iight? Gimme kiss."

I huffed as he pulled my face closer to his crashing his lips onto mine. As much as I wanted to resist I gave in as he slipped his tongue into my mouth. Suddenly, Yanna cleared her throat making us pull away.

"I have an appointment here, Marli come on."

"Bye baby." He sang pecking my lips.

"Bye babe, what time will you be back?"

"I don't know, I'll let ya know though."

I nodded grabbing my belongings and heading to the door.

"Bye Yanna."

She ignored him walking out with me following behind her. I remained silent as we walked down the hall and towards the elevator.

"Mar-"

"Not now Yanna. Not today, let's just have a good day alright?"

She looked at me uncertain. I flashed her an assuring smile walking out of the elevator. As soon as she leaves everything will be okay.

August

"Nigga stop playin and lay the damn track!" Lani yelled laughing.

We were just foolin around in the studio recordin simple shit, nothin major. We just wanted to be around each other as much as possible to make up for lost times. Me and Lani were bestfriends in high school. She had just moved to New Orleans from Los Angeles and I was never good at making friends so when she came along it was like we were inseparable. The new kid on the block meets the outcast.Wherever you saw her you saw me. We looked out for each other. When I had problems at home I'd crash at her house. We were just two close ass muthafuckas. That is until I dropped out and left. As hard as I tried to keep in contact with her we just fell off. Seein her was a complete shock to me, I never thought we'd end up meeting again but I'm glad we did. Bein in this industry I'm surrounded by a lot of fake ass niggas so being able to have a real friend like her around is something I won't take for granted.

"I will in a minute na shut up and spark up the blunt."

She shooed me off as she finished rolling up our 5th J and grabbed the lighter. She sparked it up takin a few hits before passin it to me.

"So when you leave?"

"Next week." She replied slumping down on the sofa.

"Damn." I mumbled.

"Aww Auggie pooh, you gonna miss me?"

I rolled my eyes bringing the blunt to my lips making my way over to the couch. Sitting next to her, I inhaled a few more times before passing it over to her.

"It's okay to miss me Auggie."

"Stop callin me that." I groaned playfully.

"It's okay, I'll miss you too Aug seriously."

I glanced over at her seeing she was silent, deep in thought.

"What ya thinkin about."

"Us and how we used to be. Remember that time Mama Shelia caught you having sex with some girl and threw you out."

"Yup. I walked all the way to ya crib in my damn boxers. That shit was so embarrassin man."

"And I had to go to your house and get you some clothes cause she wouldn't let you come back for a week." She remembered dying of laughter.

"Ha ha ha. That shit ain't funny."

"It was at the time." She replied as her laughter died and she returned to that same silence.

"We had some good times man." I stated smiling from ear to ear.

I missed havin her around. She was my friend when I had nobody and she was always there. I don't even see how I made it all these years without her.

"Yeah, we did." She whispered smiling to herself.

Without thinking I gently placed my hand on her chin pulling her face towards mine pushing my lips onto hers. I brushed my tongue across her lips and she instantly opened her mouth for access. Before shit got heated she instantly pulled away.

"August wait you-"

I pressed my lips back onto hers not wanting to hear what she had to say. We continued our heated make out session and the next thing I know we were naked in the booth makin a different type of music.