05

Yanna

Shortly after making my way to the entrance of the club I pulled out my phone and dialed Marli. With no luck I called 2 more times before giving up. She's probably just mad and isn't returning my calls. Rolling my eyes I shot her a quick text telling her to let me know if she was okay. I walked to my car and quickly hopped in heading home.

30 minutes later

I pulled into my parking space shutting off the engine. I fished through my purse finding my phone seeing no alerts from Marli. I groaned in frustration, why isn't she answering? As much as I tried to not panic I couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. I dialed her number again and cursed when it went straight to voicemail.

"Hey Mar I know you're mad but please call me back I just wanna know of you're okay. Call me back, bye." I said leaving a voicemail.

Lord please let everything be okay.

The next morning

I was awaken by the sound of glass breaking. I turned over and groaned seeing the clock read 3:00am. She can stumble in here at 3 in the morning but she can't answer me? Sighing I got out of bed and threw on a pair of sweats before heading downstairs. I shook my head walking past the glass in front of the door.

"Marli." I called out.

No answer. I started cautiously walking around the living room careful not step on the random pieces of glass everywhere. Where is all this glass coming from? I jumped when I heard a loud bang coming from the bathroom down the hall.

"Marli!" I called out once more.

"Yanna go back to bed I'm fine!"

Her voice was filled with nothing but pain. I rushed over to the bathroom turning the knob.

"Oh my God."

My hand went over my mouth as tears began swelling up.

"I said I was fine Keyanna get out!" Marli yelled full of rage.

She tried to get up but she was too weak to do so. Her clothes were ripped and bloody, she had bruises everywhere including her face, her lip was busted, her right eye was blackened, and she had distinguished hand marks around her neck.

"Who did this to you?" I asked as my voice cracked.

"You know who did this to me." She snapped.

I made my way over to her helping her up. She put her arm around my shoulder as I maneuvered her around the glass, up the stairs, and into my room. I took her into the bathroom and sat her in the toilet. I got a wet rag and proceeded to clean up the blood around her mouth.

"I'm calling the police."

"No Yanna it's just gonna make shit worse!" She pleaded.

"Shut the fuck up Marli. Look at you! Look at your fucking face! You think this shit is okay!? You could be dead right now and you want to sit back and not do shit!"

She's out of her fucking mind! This shit isn't okay and something is gonna be done whether she likes it or not!

"Yanna plea-"

"Why are you defending him Marli!?" I screamed cutting her off.

"I'm not defending him! I'm scared Yanna! When he gets out the first thing he's gonna do is look for me!"

Shaking my head I walked away from her grabbing my phone.

"I don't care, we'll make sure he stays locked up, if he gets out I got you. This shit ain't finna fly."

She walked over to me snatching my phone out of my hand.

"Marli give me my shit back."

"No Yanna lis-"

"Give it back! Stop being so fucking stupid! What is wrong with you? You like getting smacked around don't you?"

"Stop." She mumbled.

"You liked getting choked out huh?" I spat getting in her face.

"Stop it Keyanna." She replied sternly.

"You must love getting-"

"I said stop! You don't know what I'm going through! You think you know everything but you don't! You don't know how it feels to give somebody your all and get this shit in return!" She screamed tears spilling out of her eyes.

She walked back into the bathroom and closed the door. Shortly after I heard the shower running. I sat down on my bed and began to think.

I just don't know what do. She's right, I don't understand but at the same time this can't keep happening. Something isn't sitting right with me, he did something else to her. I feel it. I brought out of my thoughts when Marli walked out with a towel rapped around her. My eyes followed her as she walked out of my room. I pondered over whether I should follow her but decided against it. I got up turning off the lights and closing my door before laying down. Suddenly my door creaked open indicating Marli was on the other side.

"Can I sleep in here?" She said just above a whisper.

"Yeah sure." I mumbled.

She crept in closing the door behind her and slid into bed next to me. I put my arm over her as she laid her head on my chest. We laid there in an eerie silence until she broke it.

"He found me at the club as I was leaving and made me go with him. We got to the house and he accused me of sleeping around. He got mad and starting hitting me and then he..."

She struggled over what to say next.

"What else happened."

"Nothing." she sighed.

"Mar, what happened." I said sternly.

I felt her steaming tears fall onto my chest as she began to tremble.

"You know I've never done anything to deserve something like this. I'm a good person right? I was good to him."

She started shaking and I got scared, what the fuck did he do to her?

"Marli what's wrong? Why are you shaking, what did he do." I questioned looking down at her.

"He- he raped me."

She started crying hysterically as I held her tight. Tears started falling from my own eyes. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I never expected him to go this far. Yes, sometimes he does make her have sex with him but she enjoys it after a while, so she says. I whisked away my tears before speaking.

"Mar I'm taking you to the police station tomorrow then the doctors office afterwards. I don't care what you say you gotta go babe. This has gone too far."

She nodded holding onto me tighter. She cried for a while before falling asleep. She doesn't deserve this and I'm not gonna allow it to keep happening.