10

Marli

The whole car ride was far from boring. August, being the dork that he is, kept me entertained. He even sung for me, good lord that boy is blessed. However, the more I'm around him the stronger my feelings get. I know I said I didn't want anything to do with him but now that's all out of the window. His personality is just hard to resist and that's the problem. He is irresistible but he's also a man and men have their ways, especially men like him, celebrities. I know for a fact he'd do something out on the road, hell he was already eyefucking girls at the beach whenever they came up to him. Like I said, men have their ways and I just can't take that chance.

"Ya gon open the door." Aug said awkwardly.

"Yeah sorry."

I unlocked the door making my way in setting things in the counter.

"I'm hungry, ya gon cook fa me?"

"No, you're not my man." I said leaning on the counter taking my meds.

"I could be." He said challenging.

I raised up off of the counter making my way out of the kitchen.

"Don't think so."

"Why?" He snapped offended.

I ignored him making my way upstairs with August trailing behind me calling my name.

"Girl I know ya hear me talkin to ya."

"I do, I'm just not interested in what you have to say."

I walked into my room going to my dresser and pulling out some black boy shirts and a camo t shirt.

"Will ya stop damn, listen to me." He grumbled turning me around pinning me against the wall.

"What man." I groaned.

"Why I can't be ya man?"

"Because you're you. I've seen the interviews, I know how you get down. I'm not putting myself through that shit now move so I can take a shower."

I tried moving past him but he gripped my waist pressing up against me.

"So ya think ya know me by some damn interviews." He snapped.

"Look Aug don't try and play the good guy act. You're a man, you have wants and that's understandable. God only knows what you do at these clubs and on the road. However, I really don't care. I refuse to get hurt again so this ain't happening."

He clenched his jaw before letting out a dark chuckle. The same thing Titus used to do before he'd lash out on me. I instantly tensed up.

"That's cool, I forgot ya like gettin ya ass beat so ya right I ain't the nigga fa ya. Gon head Marli go bail ol dude out so he can give ya what ya used to." He spat.

I smacked him dead across the face while steaming tears ran down my cheeks. I was livid, you don't throw shit like that in someone's face.

"Fuck you August! You're nothing but a piece of shit just like him! You don't know shit about me!" I screamed.

"I know ya like gettin ya ass beat." He spat smirking.

I looked at him like he was crazy and tried pushing him off.

"Get the fuck off me and get out!" I yelled punching him in the chest repeatedly.

He seemed unfazed by my continuos blows but I didn't care. I was angry and hurt. I just wanted it to all go away. All the stress and pain. I just wanted it to vanish. I grew restless and he took that as an opportunity to grab my arms, pinning them above my head.

"Listen to me, I ain't here to hurt ya. I ain't sayin I'm perfect by a long shot but imma put my all into ya. I see somethin in ya Marli, some shit I ain't neva seen in no other girl. What it is iono but I know it's got me trippin off of ya."

I turned my face trying to stop my ongoing tears.

"Look at me." He said sternly

"Let me go." I whispered.

"Naw, look at me Marli."

"Get the fuck off of me!" I screamed.

"Hey, what the fuck is going on get off of her!" Yanna yelled running in pushing him away from me.

"What the fuck were you doing August!" She yelled once again.

I ran into the bathroom locking the door. I'm so sick of this shit. I just want out.