01

Marli

After my rough morning with Titus I made my way over to my condo. Pulling into my parking space I silently cursed myself. Fuck. My roommate Yanna is here. I can't have her see me like this. I got out of my car and slowly made my way to the door thinking of a plan. I pray she's still asleep. I slid my key in carefully unlocking the door and silently crept in. I didn't hear any noises so I assume she's asleep, thank The Lord. I quietly made me way to my into my room carefully closing the door. I turned around around and damn near had a heart attack.

"What the hell Yanna! Why didn't you say shit when I walked in!" I snapped.

She shook her head and got up making her way over to me. She put her hand on my chin directing my face to look upon hers. She sighed heavily and looked at me with sympathetic eyes. I snatched my face away from her brushing past her over to my dresser.

"When are you gonna stop this shit Marli." she said sternly.

Hell if I know.

"Look Yanna if you're here to bash me about how stupid I am then I don't want to hear it. As you can see I had a long night and a fairly rough morning this is the last thing I need to hear." I snapped.

I know she means well but I just can't deal right now. This is all too much.

She chuckled and sat on my bed.

"What the fuck is so funny?"

"You Marli. You're snapping at me because I'm concerned and tired of seeing you like this. You think I enjoy watching you come home busted and bruised!? Why can't you just leave! You ain't gon be satisfied until you're laying 6 feet under and I'm not sticking around to see it happen." She yelled getting up and slamming my door.

I groaned in frustration slamming my fist against the wall. Fuck my life.

Yanna

I stormed in my room slamming my door closed. I don't know why the fuck she's being so stupid! Who stays with someone that abuses them, shit just don't make sense. I'm not gonna abandon her but she needs to realize shit isn't okay. I'm tired of seeing her hurt. I'd be a shitty bestfriend if I didn't care the way I did. My fuming thoughts were interrupted when my door started to slowly open revealing a puffy eyed Marli. I sighed while motioning for her to come in.

"I'm sorry Yanna." she mumbled and laid her head on my lap.

I laid my head back against the headboard and began running my hands through her wavy hair.

"Don't apologize to me Mar apologize to yourself. Enough is enough. I can't lose you."

She sniffled indicating she had begun crying. She shifted, positioning herself to lay next to me and wrapped her arm around my torso. I turned to face her and held her in my arms and resumed stroking her hair. We remained this way until her bellowing cries turned into light snores. I on the other hand couldn't sleep. I had to think of way to get Marli out of this mess. I know I shouldn't have to but something's gotta be done. At this point it's either life or death.