37

August

I groaned as my phone vibrated for the millionth time, all from the one person I despised at the moment. I can't believe I went that fuckin far! Yeah, I knew what I was doing but it was like my body had a mind of its own. My conscience was screamin at me tellin me to stop, but my body was under an all time high and didn't seem to comprehend. My phone began roaring once again as angrily answered it.

"What man!"

"August stop avoiding me! It's not all my fault!"

"I'm not in the mood to argue wit you Lani, shit I ain't even in the fuckin mood to talk to you! I just lost my girl fuckin round wit you. Is it not evident that I don't wanna talk to you, I rejected your last 6 calls and not once have I answered either one of your 15 texts so why the fuck ya keep blowin my shit up!?"

"You will not sit here and act like this is all my fault! I tried to stop you, but you kept going! You wanted this too! Fuck you August! You're nothing but a piece of shit and you don't ever have to worry about me bothering you anymore!"

I hung up completely done with the conversation. I said what I had to say and so did she, no further words were needed. Like I said, I know I was wrong but I needed to get rid of the problem and in my eyes that was Lani. Things with me and babygirl were goin perfectly fine until she showed up. My main focus was now trying to win Marli back. I don't know how but it will get done. I can't go on without her.

3 days later

Marli

I had just walked back to my car after leaving the Verizon store. I was sick of having my phone blown up every second of the day by none other than August so I had my number changed. I wasn't the least bit interested in what he had to say. I don't care if he was lit, he knew exactly what he was doing and that's all their is to it. I'm done being taken advantage of. This morning I got called into school by my counselor and let's just say the news was life changing. She told me that I had earned all of my credits early and that I could graduate ahead of my class next week with Yaya. Instead of waiting for this summer for an internship at the hospital I was granted the opportunity to work in two children's hospitals of my choice full time as an RN. One here in Atlanta and one in California. Thrilled to have the ability of finally pursuing my dream, I was considering taking the job in Cali. Lord knows I need to get away from all the craziness here Atlanta, but their was no way in hell I could leave Yanna. I still had time to think about my decision so for now everything is in the air.

I finally arrived home to see Yanna whipping in the kitchen as usual.

"Yaya!!" I screamed causing her to jump a little.

I smirked as she gave me a grimacing look.

"Don't play." She warned.

I hopped up on the counter next to her watching her every move. She spotted me staring at her from the corner of her eye, shooting me a funny look.

"What are you staring at me for?"

"What do you think about going to LA?"

"LA? Hm, I never thought about it but Bry lives there and from what he tells me it's wonderful. There's got a lot of shopping centers." She replied smiling at the last part.

Perfect.

"We should go... As in move." I said sheepishly.

She glanced at me before cutting the stove off giving me her full attention.

"Look Mar if this is about August you're being stupid. Don't let him run-"

"This isn't about him Yanna this about doing something for me. I got called into the school this morning and my counselor told me I'm graduating early Yaya! Next week with you and your class to be exact and I'm being offered two job opportunities at Wolfson. One here and one in Cali. This is my chance to finally be free from all the bullshit and live for me. This is my opportunity at a fresh start and I can't do this without you."

She leaned against the counter probably thinking about the decision that will affect both of our lives. She huffed and rubbed her temples.

"Damn school board always springing up shit last minute. We've gotta go house hunting and all that. I want a house on the beach, shit let me call Bry he'll help us."

I squealed jumping off of the counter, embracing her in an unnecessary tight hug.

"You squeeze my baby, that's your ass." She warned laughing.

"Welp, I better start packing. Cali here we comeee!"