39

August

"Uncle Aug look at the shark!" Noonie exclaimed.

"Yeah baby, it's big." I replied forcing a smile.

As much as I tried to enjoy this time with my family I couldn't. I just felt like complete shit. Being around Mar I thought I'd feel some sense of urge to make shit right but I felt far from that. I felt nothing but guilt, regret, and anger. Guilty because I slept wit some broad, regret because I lost the best thing that's ever happened to me besides the fame, and anger because I did somethin I knew in my heart was wrong. If I could crawl into a corner right now I would. She gave me her heart and her trust and like the dumb ass I am, I fucked it up.

"Uncle Aug what's the matter?"

I looked down at Noonie who had her eyebrows pressed together with her hands on her hips.

"Are you sad about T.T?"

I tilted my head a little as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Who told you about T.T?"

"MawMaw, she said T.T isn't talking to you cause you hurt her feelings. Uncle Aug why you do that?"

"I don't know babygirl." I mumbled looking over at Marli who was hand in hand with Kay.

"Go over there and talk to her!"

"It ain't that easy Noonie." I responded as she took my hand in hers.

"Yes it is, watch."

She pulled on my arm and I instantly caught onto her act. I scooped her up in my arms, propping her on my side.

"Ya slick huh?"

She grinned at me before turning her attention to Marli and Kay.

"T.T!!" She yelled, getting Marli's attention.

She waved for her to come here and turned her attention to me.

"Really Noonie."

She shrugged and kissed my cheek as Marli and Kay appeared before us.

"What's up baby?" Mar asked focusing her attention on Noonie.

"Uncle Aug has to talk to you. Put me down please."

I shook my head as I let her down. She smiled up at me and grabbed Kay's hand.

"Let's go KayKay."

"No! I wanna stay with T.T and Uncle Aug." She whined.

Noonie whispered something in her ear and Kay looked up at me frowning.

"Shame on you!" Kay yelled running off with Noonie.

I twisted my face into a confused expression as Marli started giggling.

"Those girls are a trip." She spoke still laughing.

"Shit you ain't lying." I mumbled laughing a little as well.

We stood there in an awkward silence until I finally had the balls to speak up.

"I know you don't want to hear this shit right now but I can't go another day without telling you how sorry I am and how bad I regret that shit. Baby I was wrong, I was dead ass wrong and I feel like shit for hurting you. You worth so much more than that. I talked all that shit in the beginning about not hurtin you and I did exactly that. If I could take that shit back I would in a heartbeat but I can't and that kills me. Not wakin up to you and not havin you by my side is really takin a toll on me and I realized that I can't function without you. Marli I love you with all of my heart and I know right now it may not seem like it but I swear I do. Just please let me prove that to you."

I looked down at her with pleading eyes as tears swelled up in hers. She bit the inside of her cheek as she folded her arms, putting her head down and let tears flow from her eyes. I grabbed her by her waist pulling her into me as she wrapped her arms around my torso and cried into my chest. I began rubbing her back and swallowed hard as I felt myself getting choked up.

"I trusted you." She mumbled against my chest as she continuously let her tears flow.

"I know baby. I'm so sorry."

I held onto her tighter and kissed her head letting her cry. I didn't know what else to say but sorry. Shit what could I say. There's no justifying what I did. I fucked up and now I gotta fix it.

"Uncle Aug what's wrong with T.T?"

We both looked down at Kay who looked at us with the most worried expression ever. Marli pulled away sniffling and wiping her face before picking her up.

"Nothing T.T was just sad cause she missed you." Marli assured forcing a smile.

"You don't gotta miss me T.T I'm right here!"

"That's right, let's go look at the dolphins okay?"

Kay nodded her head smiling before looking at me.

"Did you say sorry to T.T for hurting her feelings?"

Marli laughed and shook her head.

"Don't worry about all that, we gotta go see the dolphins before they swim away!" Marli exclaimed, instantly taking Kay's mind off the issue.

"Come on Uncle Aug we gotta see the dolphins!"

I looked at Marli who nodded before putting her hand out. I smiled as I grabbed her hand in mine.

"We'll talk more later. Right now I just wanna enjoy this day alright?"

"Alright... Mar I love you, I just want you to know that. I really do love you."

She nodded her head smiling a little.

"I love you too. Come on we got some dolphins to see."

"Bout time." Kay mumbled.

We laughed and continued to walk hand in hand until we found some dolphins. I stood back as they walked up to the glass.

I smiled at how they interacted with one another. Both smiling and laughing while looking at each other. It was honestly a beautiful sight.

"You've got such a beautiful family."

I looked down to my right seeing an elderly woman standing next to me with the biggest smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah... They really are." I mumbled smiling as well returning my gaze to them.

From that point on I vowed to make sure that smile stayed on her face. She deserved better than what I was giving her and imma do just that.

--------------------------

Sorry for the long update and short crappy chapter! I've been tied up with getting ready for college and family stuff. My cousin is really sick and I've been at the hospital with him for the past few days as well. I would've posted yesterday but he went into surgery. Everything's going good so far so expect another chapter or two today. Sorry for the inconvenience guys!