Good Day Gone Bad (Ashton Irwin)

Edited: 06/01/19

Unlocking the front door, stroll into Ashton's flat, feeling light and happy. Your day had gone from good to better so you're in an awesome mood. Ready to tell Ashton every piece of your day.

"Ash?" You call into the flat, dropping your keys and purse onto the counter in the kitchen. 

"Ashton?" 

No response. 

Usually Ash was home before you, his day at the studio ends at about 6 and it's 8pm now. You walk into the living room and your body is shocked cold. The room is completely trashed, the couch pushed to one side, the photo frames knocked over. The glass coffee table is smashed, pieces of glass on the carpet, the place where the TV used to sit is empty, just cables left unplugged. You scream as you see Ashton lying in the broken glass, blood oozing from his crooked body. Dropping to the floor, you cradle his head.

"Ash baby, can you hear me?" You feel the tears flooding your vision as you see the knife wound in his chest.

"ASH?!?! Talk to me!!" You scream rocking back and forth. His body feels cold and lifeless. 

"Ashton you cannot do this to me! Don't leave me here alone!" Hysteria overtakes you and you scream, huge sobs wracking your body. You hug Ash's body, still rocking and sobbing onto his blood stained shirt. He's gone. And you can't believe that.

*1 year later*

"Mama?" You hear Hayley's voice and turn, her little arms are outstretched for a hug and you bend down. You named your little girl after one of Ashton's band's songs. You'd discussed names with Ashton before everything happened and you know, somewhere, he's smiling at your choice of names.

"Yes baby?" She mumbles something incomprehensible and rubs her eyes with her chubby fists. 

"What did you say sweetie?" You carry her to the sofa and sit her on your knee. 

"Pwease can you tell me about daggy again?" You looks up at you with those unmistakable eyes that Ashton had. Grey mixed with brown, not unique but gorgeous. 

You start to tell Hayley all of the stories about her daddy, how he tried to play it cool when you first met him and how he made an idiot of himself trying to seduce you. How he wrote over 20 songs for you and his band mates made him propose to you. 

When he danced with you at your wedding, they way your bodies fitted perfectly together and he'd told you he'd never, ever let you go. You smile at all the beautiful memories you'd had together but you suddenly feel sad at how they were cut short. 

The man who killed Ashton had been convicted of murder and was sentenced to 20 years in prison for manslaughter and robbery. The police said Ashton had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. It still didn't stop the pain. The empty bed at night, the deep ache that made you feel like someone had ripped your insides out and danced on them. You'd cried nearly everyday for him, thinking it was some sort of nightmare and that you'd wake up, safe in his arms.

"Mummy?" Hayley looks up at you, through her thick mass of brown curls. She so resembles Ashton in every way. The way she laughs, her sass when she doesn't get her way. Her affection for you. You smile down at her through your tears and kiss her forehead.

"Where is daddy now?" She asks, gently tracing your tears with her tiny fingers and you hug her close.

"Somewhere better baby, somewhere better."