Picnic at The Beach (Luke Hemmings)

Edited: 11/01/19

You've been chilling at Luke's house a lot since you two got together. Having been best friends since kindergarten, you two have always been close and constantly teased for being "just friends". 

Finally about a month ago, Luke drunkenly confessed his feelings for you and you've been dating ever since. Nothing really changed between you two, apart from more touching and less faking a platonic friendship. 

Today, you've decided to go for a walk down to the beach. Luckily, Luke has a place just by the sea so it's a short trip and you go there a lot. Luke brings his skateboard and you've prepared a little picnic of some lemonade and sandwiches. Cheesy but cute and plus, who doesn't love a beach picnic?

After finishing the food, you lie in the sun on the beach, between Luke's legs. He is sitting up fiddling with a strand of your hair. The hot sun is warming your skin and Luke's fingers feel soothing in your hair. You love these rare moments you get to spend with Luke. Obviously, you love the band but sometimes, they are a pain in the ass and there is no literally privacy when they're around. 

Suddenly, Luke gets up, your head falls onto the towel under you and you prop yourself up with an elbow, squinting up at your boyfriend. He offers you his hand and you take it, getting up and dusting the sand form your clothes.

"You know what? I'm going to teach you how to skateboard." He announces and laugh.

"Okay, but I think I kinda suck? I definitely haven't improved since Jack tried to teach me when we were like 7." 

Luke chuckles, remembering that day where Jack had a crush on you for less than 24 hours, and he insisted on spending the whole day with you. Luke had been so mad, he wouldn't talk to Jack or you for a week. It was actually a pretty miserable week without your best friend. After that, you put a bit of distance between you and Jack, at least until he got over his mini crush.

Luke leads you to the tarmac in the parking lot and drops his board on the floor. He puts one foot on it to stop it from rolling away. He gently lifts you onto the board, keeping his hands around your waist. Luke pushes you with one foot then hops on behind you. Keeping his hands around you, making sure you won't fall.

The board rolls forward and you lurch as it picks up pace. Luke towers over you, holding you close, his feet are either side of yours, protecting you. His hands are circling your waist and you can feel this chin resting your head. He gently kisses the top of it. You grin, this definitely isn't teaching you how to skate but you're not complaining.

You ride around in circles for a while, Luke holding you protectively and gently tilting the board ever so often. You turn a corner and the board slips slightly, you lurch forward, losing your balance and nearly fall off. Luke tightens his grip on your waist and pulls you back against his chest. 

"I love you Y/N." He whispers.