'It' (Michael Clifford)

-Written by @louisasa1d-

Imagine you and Michael have been together for about 2 years... And you know it's time to ask him about 'it' but you can't bring yourself to do it... Afraid he would turn you away. You have been wanting to ask him ever since you met him... Everything happened and it lead to where you are now and you only want to ask. 

"Okay I can do this", you brace yourself outside the dark satin door as you walk into his office. He is sat there in his business attire, a dark navy blazer, freshly pressed trousers and a crisp white shirt. You know what's under it, the American Apparel Union Jack ripped vest that he once wore years ago when you first met him on tour.

Slowly you walk towards him, he looks up to see you, a beaming smile on his face his dark brown hair sweeping across his angelic face- he ditched the coloured hair when he became CEO of the Managment company PRETZEL. His smile is everything that makes this talk worth while. He sees how serious your face is, and his smile falters a little.  

You slowly walk around his desk and perch on the edge, he skids his wheely chair in between your legs, you slide down onto his lap so you're straddling him.

"What's wrong?" he asks you, caressing your face he fiddles with a bit of hair that had fallen across your face. You take in a deep breath and put your hand on his cheek savouring this moment. You lean into kiss him and he returns it, he begins to deepen the kiss. You stop him, pulling away and looking him in the eyes once again. 

"Michael what happened?" He stop twirling the strand of hair. His face twists into one of pain.

"I-I.. Y/n I -I..." you kiss him, calming him down. He takes in a deep breath

"2 years ago..." you listen intently as he tells you. 

Michael's POV: 

"Michael what happened?" Y/n asks. All the memories flood back... The pain, the terror... The loss. It all reappears in my head.. The memories I have been wanting to keep away.

"I-I- y/n I-I-" I'm silenced when I feel her soft lips on mine, calming me down. I'm looking all around the room, I finally settle on her eyes, taking a deep breath I begin my story. 

*2 years ago flashback* 

My band, 5 Seconds of Summer were playing our UK headline tour, travelling across the country seeing all these amazing places. We had toured the world with the hit band One Direction, played an Australian, American and European headline tour all in the space of 2 ½ years.

"Mikey" Ashton one of my band mates and best mates called out to me.

"Yeah" I replied walking over to his drum set. 

We were in the London O2 arena having a sound check for the gig in half and hour. 

Ashton had a worried look on his face. As he was about to speak a booming voice echoed around the arena.

"Doors open in 5 minutes. Boys off stage." I ignored Ash and went over to the side to put my guitar down on the side of the stage. 

I could hear the girls screaming as the countdown began before we came on. "

3,2,1... 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER!" the crowd screamed as we run onstage. 

"HELLO LONDON!" Calum shouts into the mic. The crowd screams again. 

Suddenly the lights go out and gunshots are heard. Panicking I crouch down feeling around. My hand reaches the edge of the the stage. I jump off the stage and crawl, my hands over my head pressing on my ears as to drown out the shouting and the guns. I can hear the security trying to get people out. 

I feel dizzy. I feel sick. The room is spinning. The shooting is louder. The screaming is louder. 

I feel a hand touch my back and I look up to see a girl holding her hand out shouting at me. I don't know what she is saying. I can't hear. It's a blur. 

Black. 

I wake up to find myself in a hospital bed, wired to machines. The room is bright and boring. Flowers are lined up against the windowsill. A small red button is on the side if the table, I press it and a nurse comes in. She checks me over and smiles to herself.

"Well you're much better," she smiles down at me.

"Wha-what hap-p-pend?" I ask her, my voice rough and sore. 

She looks down, "You are very lucky Michael Clifford. A terroist attack happened at the arena, 7000 people died.... Including your bandmates Ashton, Calum and Luke. I'm sorry, Michael." I stare at her blankly. Tears build up. Throat clogged. I nod and she dismisses herself.

*Present* 

Tears run down my face as y/n hugs me close to her chest. Kissing and whispering loving things into my brown hair. 

Y/n never knew because the news about the killing of the band members never made the news. I made sure that it was classified and we posted a article about the band splitting and leaving the public on dead trails.    

I move away from her and lean up to kiss her.

"I'm so sorry Michael," she whispers and she leans down to kiss me ferociously.