Ruined Everything (Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin)

Luke's POV:

My hands shook as I opened the letter. I knew what it was and I didn't want to see it. Not now, not ever. Especially not from her. Of course, she didn't know how it made me feel, she never would. 

I gently pulled out the creamy paper and read the spiral font. 

"You are invited to celebrate the marriage of Ashton Fletcher Irwin and Y/N"

My heart broke. The tears flowed freely as I realised the enormity of that invite. There was no chance of ever being with her.

Y/N POV:

I was pretty surprised when Luke turned up at the wedding, he hadn't spoken to Ashton in nearly 6 months, not a word or a text, nothing.

I swallowed and looked at myself in the mirror once more. Small- petite- as Ash would say, blonde and insignificant, that pretty much summed me up. Ash always scolded me for my lack of self confidence but I really didn't think I was anything special. Yet he'd picked me, out of every girl he'd ever met and made me feel better about myself, he'd made me feel complete. So there I was, standing in front of the full length- mirror in a white lacy dress, knowing I'd made the right decision in marrying Ashton.

I slowly stepped out and down the aisle, my dad held my elbow, making sure I wouldn't trip. We reached the altar and Ash turned to look at me. His green eyes sparkled as they wandered down my body. My dad let me go and placed my hand in Ash's, the familiar tingle was there and his grin practically reached his ears.

The vicar began his speech and I made my fatal flaw. I turned, and glanced at him. Bad idea. His ice blue eyes were somewhere between throwing daggers at me and pleading with me not to go through with this. I bit my lip, now feeling unsure, was Ash really going to be the right guy? I shook my head and looked away from Luke, of course Ash was the right one, he'd been there on the worst days, so he definitley deserved to be there on the best.

"I now pronouce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." The vicar closed his book and Ash turned to face me. My heart fluttered, suddenly it felt like this kiss meant everything. Ash leaned in and whispered:

"I love you so much Y/N". He kissed me, like his life depended on it, like no one else was here and nothing mattered more. His tongue stroked mine, like the way you stroke a cat's fur and his hand cupped my cheek. I wanted to stay this way forever but we pulled away while everyone clapped. Ash clasped my hand and smiled at everyone before walking down the aisle. This time I made sure not to look to my side as I passed Luke.

*The reception after the wedding ceremony*

After dancing for 5 songs, Ash left to go and find his family and say hi. My dad had had to leave early and my mum didn't bother coming because, well, she just didn't care about me. My sister couldn't make it so she sent her love and none of the rest of my family came so I made my way to the drinks table. Bad move. Luke was there, drinking as usual, God knows how many shots he'd had before I arrived.

"Y/N, you're- a- I don't-" He slurred at me, I politely smiled at him and started to walk away.

"DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME!" Luke screamed and I sighed before looking back at him, he was already drawing way too much attention to himself. I knew it was a bad idea inviting him but Ash had insisted as once upon a time, believe it or not, they were best friends.

"I FUCKING LOVED YOU AND YOU CHOSE HIM. HIM OVER ME. YOU DIDN'T EVEN GIVE ME A FUCKING CHANCE AND I WAITED AND WAITED FOR YOU TO BREAK UP WITH HIM BUT YOU NEVER DID. AND TNEN YOU HAD THE NERVE TO INVITE ME TO YOUR FUCKING WEDDING. FUCKING FANTASTIC. WELL HERE'S TO YOU Y/N, CONGRAT-DE- FUCKING- LATIONS!" Everyone had turned to look at Luke and his rant at me. So that's what it was about, he loved me and it killed him that I chose Ash.