Voices...

September 17, 2017

  So, on Friday I was able to get some extra tips about All Region from Mr. Davis, which helped A LOT. He played through all of the songs with me and might set up lessons so I can practice more.

So, for it feels like I've been lied to my whole music life. I joined church choir today and was trying to explain to a really good soprano woman that I can sing soprano well on some songs but not others. Turns out, I'm not a soprano....

....I'm an alto.

  That explains why I've always thought I've had a weird voice. Anyways, the woman I was talking to, her whole family is all about music. Her daughters all sing soprano and her husband sings bass and she could tell just from my normal voice that I was probably alto. Her daughter my age can sing both alto and soprano, so I sat by her and gave the alto part a try.

Oh my gosh, it felt like I've been walking in someone else's shoes all my life and finally took them off and put my own back on! I understand my singing voice so much better now!
  So, yeah, depending on the song, I can sing soprano as well as alto. That makes me so happy, knowing why my voice is so weird! Anyways, I guess you can comment and tell me what voice you guys have for choir. Bye!