Mannequin Challenge

November 29, 2017

   3 days until All Region....

Some good news? I'm not as nervous about it.

Some bad news?  There are 145 trumpet players trying out. And 16 chairs. This will be interesting. I was asking Jazz and another girl if I really had a chance and at the same time they were both like YES.

   So today was...interesting. The drama club came into band hall during SLT, which is like an extra period where you can sign up for band and other stuff. They did a mannequin challenge. So, while they were getting ready, CS bent down and I got on his shoulders. Oh my gosh, it was so scary at first because I thought I'd fall but then it was fun lol. We both played Jingle Bell Rock by looking off a stand lol. Then the  people came through and lip synced to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. CS kept me on his shoulders and we fake played our trumpets. Mr Davis was on his conducting podium striking a fabulous pose of a wizard ready to duel XD. He was in a stance and had his baton pointed out in front of him with his sunglasses on.
  Well, they went around to do another take just to make sure they did it right. So, I had this idea that CS and Jaws did with me: CS picked me up and Jaws held his tuba and they acted like they were shoving my head inside the bell. It was glorious. My face didn't cool down for about an hour afterward from all the blood that had rushed to my head.

  So yesterday, Mr. Davis was telling us about little notes he'd write to himself on his conducting score.
  "So, yeah, I'll write little notes to myself," he said. "Sometimes they'll be like,'Look up here (at this measure), dummy!" He then chuckled and said,"I have such low self esteem."

   Today in band I was getting a stomach ache because I hadn't eaten since the night before. I was sitting next to Mom and I said,"Ugh, I have a stomachache."
  He just turns to me and raises his eyebrows. "Cramps?" he asked. 😂😂😂😂 Of all things! I started laughing really hard and told him that no, it was just a stomach ache.
  Later in rehearsal, I was talking to him and Jazz leaned over and said something but I wasn't paying attention, so I just responded with an enthusiastic "Yeah!" and kept talking to Mom. Well, then, Jazz was like,"Oooo, Rey....!!"
  "What!?" I said.
  "I just asked if you were flirting with Mom and you were like 'Yeah!'"
  I started blushing and denying and Mom just started laughing.
  Also, towards the end of rehearsal, Mom walked by me and poked me in the back on the way by. It was weird lol.
   In health and safety earlier, I was reading a chapter about types of stress and I learned that there is physical, social, emotional, and mental stress. On the picture example of mental stress, it showed a girl playing a silver trumpet. I thought of All Region and was like,"How did they know!?" XD

   Well, that's about all I have to say. I'm trying not to die within the three days of All Region. Stomach bugs and other viruses have been going around school, so I've been trying not to get sick at all costs. I just wanna postpone my death a little longer....