The First Week of School

August 18, 2018

The first week of school was long and kind of exhausting to be honest. I'm glad it's the weekend. We've been working on Crazy Train, The Fight Song, The Box, and The Star Spangled Banner all this week. Our classes are now 41 minutes instead of 43, so they feel a lot shorter.

I finally got choir on my schedule! We've been mostly doing vocal warm-ups, and we looked at a song called A New Day. Yesterday was Research Friday, so we watched a musical (basically Research Friday is where we watch a musical every Friday). We watched the first 30 minutes of The Newsies. It was pretty good.

Our first crowd performance will be next Friday at a fall sports kick-off cookout in our town. We're probably just going to play The Fight Song, the Box, and We Will Rock You. I think we're pretty ready for that.

We got two new flute players and a new percussionist who all moved to our school. One of the flute players—let's call her Mazz—is in my grade. People kept asking if we were cousins because we kind of look like each other. We're both around the same height and have the same shade of dirty blonde hair. Her birthday is also four days before mine, and we have like the same body stature/type. Did I mention that she likes Star Wars!? She's pretty cool.

I've done some estimating, and I believe that I am now the shortest person in my grade *sigh*. All of the short people (mostly boys) grew over the summer, so that leaves me in the dust at 5'1 and ¾". I don't think I'll be growing anytime soon.

Well, I guess I don't have much else to say. Until next post!

Rey