All Region :\

December 1st, 2018

    First of all, Happy Birthday Tyler Joseph.

   I couldn't update throughout the day because the school's Internet wouldn't connect to Wattpad.

   Anyways, K2SO and I tried out for All Region today. I got to see two of my friends from other schools, which are both trombone players.

   Whenever I went to get my audition number, I started panicking because they couldn't find it. They had to take me to the library where all of the directors were meeting. Mr. Davis came up to me and asked if everything was Okay. Turns out, our names never got sent in. A lady made a makeshift card replacing someone who was absent. I was number 81.

   Our scales were A minor and D major, and the sections of music they chose weren't that hard.

  I sat outside of the trumpet room for almost two hours because I didn't want to miss my audition. I managed to finish a good book in that time span (read Everything, Everything when you get the chance).

   I slightly panicked again because the girl that was originally 81 showed up, so there were two of us with the same number. They fixed that, though.

   I got into the prepared music room and played through my first two pieces with ease. However, on the last and hardest piece that they were probably paying the most attention to,  I accidentally started on a G# instead of an E flat, which completely screwed up my audition. I messed it up so bad. I was trembling by the tine I walked out of the first room.

    I did fine on the scales in the sight reading room and did pretty good on the sight reading piece. Then, I gave my music, book, and trumpet to K2 who was waiting for me outside, went to the bathroom, and cried. I messed up so bad due to a stupid mistake. I knew it wasn't the right note, but I thought I'd correct myself as I went along, but I couldn't. And that was the piece that I has practiced the most. That was the piece that I was relying on to get me into one of the bands, and I completely screwed it up.

   I finished my pity party after a few minutes and waited a few more hours for Mr. Davis to finish up in the trumpet sight reading room and show me the audition results. I didn't make it.

   I explained where I went wrong to Mr. Davis on the way home. I didn't tell him about crying in the bathroom, though.

   Congratulations to captainphasma900 for making 2nd band 6th chair in her region! Also, thanks for calling me earlier.

Well, if I learned anything from this experience, it's this:

Failure is worse for the perfectionists.