*Insert Lightsaber Noises Here*

December 12, 2017

Today was very interesting...

To start out, Russ, K2So, and I all helped Mr. Davis set up some risers in the arena before school this morning for the little kids' Christmas program. His wife is the elementary music teacher. We helped him set up and then went to class.
Then, in fourth period, we had a Christmas fiesta (the most Hispanic thing there was nachos lol) in the field house. All of the Emos (including me although I'm not really emo) were huddled in the corner jamming to Twenty Øne Piløts on a Bluetooth speaker because the music the other people were playing on their speaker was trash. When the song would end for the others, you'd just kind of hear Taco Bell Saga or Guns For Hands amongst the silence. We were just kind of like,"Hi?" when everyone would turn and look at us.
We went on to fifth period and down to band hall. I took a seat and Jazz turned to talk to me. "Are you turning emo? You've been wearing a lot of black lately," she said, gesturing to the black Long-sleeved shirt I was wearing and my black nails.
"Well..." I said," I totally wasn't just huddled in a corner jamming to twenty one pilots with other Emos last period..."
She got all fake teary-eyed in a momish way and was like,"I never thought I'd get to see the day of your transition before I graduated. I'm so proud." XD
So to warm up Mr. Davis was working with our dynamic control. He was like,"With it being Star Wars week, I really wish I could do something." He was then like,"One time, we did this thing where I took my conducting wand and swung it like a lightsaber and the band would make the sound affects by getting louder and softer as I swung it. It was so cool."
Well, obviously everyone was like,"Do it!"
"Do you really want me to?" He asked. Everyone yelled in agreement. "Okay," he said.
"Mr. Davis!" I yelled. "Do you want me to get my lightsaber!?" He pauses to think for a moment and nodded. I jumped up and ran to the instrument room to get my saber out of my case (yes, I keep a Luke Skywalker lightsaber in my trumpet case). I got it out and ran to Mr. Davis.
"Force it to me," he said, and I threw it at him XD.
He slung it out (it's a bladebuilders) and people started to get out their phones to record and he was like,"No! No! This stays in this room! Not everyone needs to know!" Well, Gerald, a trumpet player, still managed to sneak a video and it was hilarious. The sound affect was so cool! It actually sounded like a lightsaber!
  We went on to lunch and then to SLT, which is like a class period where you can sign up for any class for that time at the beginning of the week. It's really confusing, but let's just say that I have band twice a day if I can help it. Well, I was planning to work out of my Arban (trumpet bible) to prepare for my All-Region concert, but I kind of got sidetracked in playing Seven Nation Army with the other band kids that were there. I ended up standing on the conductors podium and conducting like four songs AND playing along to them when I wasn't resting lol. It was great. Although, my embouchure was getting really tired, so I was starting to sound bad. However, the Accomplice was like,"You're pretty rad." Lol.
  Well, my good day came to a screeching halt in seventh period when my English teacher yelled at me. Now I love English, but I don't like the teacher. It was embarrassing to be yelled at in front of my class (even though we have like seven people in it), because I'm usually expected to be the good kid and I don't get yelled at that often. The thing she yelled at me about was kind of stupid, though. I guess I shouldn't complain since there are people out there that get yelled at way more than me.

I guess I'll see what tomorrow brings. Bye.