"Everyday is a Great Day in Band."-Mr. Davis

April 25, 2018

The concert was great! We did well at all of our songs. Here is the program:

   The band members received awards after This is Me and before Song of Hope

The band members received awards after This is Me and before Song of Hope. Mom got about five awards! The Accomplice and Jaws also received some.
Cam, Jules, Alex, and I all got announced for making it into All Region. Mr. Davis announced our band and chair.
At one point, Mr. Davis announced the Director's Award. Before every award, he would describe the person, then give their name at the end. Well, when he said the Director's Award and started describing the person, I leaned over to Jazz and went,"Ha! I bet this is going to be the drum major since she directs the band!" I went back to listening to Mr. Davis describing the person, and I started to realize that he wasn't describing the Drum Major. Then, right before he said the name, he was like,"And this person was the only person in Junior High to make it into All Region." I froze and went pale, then started blushing. Everyone screamed my name and clapped as I walked over to Mr. Davis to receive my plaque. When I came back to chair, Mom was like,"There's too much gold over here." XD I honestly was not expecting an award! I feel really honored!

Here's the top half of the award (I don't want to reveal my name.).

The seniors got Mr

The seniors got Mr. Davis a gift. It was a red, black, and white banner to hang up that says,"Everyday is a great day in band."--Mr. Davis. I think he really liked it.

We rewatched the concert in band today. Today was Mom's last day, and him and I accidentally twinned with our Harry Potter shirts one last time 😭. I'm gonna miss him so much. I'll get to say goodbye at graduation. I hope he'll come and visit us.

Well, I guess that's about it. We're going to work on Pomp and Circumstance for graduation, then our marching music for the rest of the year. Applications for section leader, drum major, and librarian had to be turned in today. We'll be having interviews shortly for positions. See you guys!