Chapter 4

I was dashing through the corridor of the East Wing of the building as fast as I can, already having at least three hall monitors shouting at me, but I couldn't care any less. I had a sea of students waiting for me at the open area and it took me the whole hour to get out of their grasp.

Now here I am, trying to fix the grassy mess that was my hair to no avail as I bend the air around me to give me a wind boost, making another one of those hall monitors blow his whistle in warning, but I already turned the corner.

I burst through the lecture room of Social Studies, making the professor stop talking and look at me, the students following the suit.

"Why are you late, Mcloughlin?" he asked sharply, "Being one of the first Tel. Al. to ever enter Elementford University doesn't mean you get the rights to do whatever you please."

I just silently nodded as I took a seat next to Marzia, who gave a warm smile, but I hardly acknowledged it since Anti was throwing insults and profanities at the man.

"Let me at 'em!" he hissed, "I swear I'll pound his head in that stupid brown jacket!"

"Anyway, where were we before I was rudely interrupted by this Telate Trouble-maker?" he questioned

A few hands shot up and the one in the back row was called, "You were going to give a brief history of the three classes, sir Vadren."

"Ah yes, the three, or should I say two ancient classes and their traditions, since the Telate Alementors had let themselves die out."

A few snickered at his statement, but I was gripping the edge of the table to ease both Anti's and my boiling blood.

"And thank the elements they did, we had nothing but peace from generation to generation!" he cried out, projecting on the wall in front of people happily playing with each other and with their elements

"But," he said, "The Telate Alementors came back, and ruined a neighborhood using this."

He then showed pictures of the destructed street and the multitude of robots littering the streets. Then, he showed a picture of what appears to be an exaggerated version of a demon. To this, almost all of the class gasped in horror.

"What?!" Anti said in disbelief, "We do not look like that!"

"This," he pointed accusingly at the picture, "Is one of the hellspawns that attacked the tribes years ago and the neighboring city not long before."

I had enough.

"What are you trying to prove here?" I shouted, standing up abruptly whilst doing so

"Mr. Mcloughlin, sit down and stay quiet, or so help me." Vadren threatened

"No! Some of these things that you're saying are fallacy!" I protested

"What I am saying is true," he said, "And from what I remember, you were helping in the Telate Alementors' plan to wreck the neighborhood."

Again, the class gasped in horror, but with one glare from me had silenced them. Satisfied, I turned back to the professor.

"With all due respect, sir, from what my friends and I remember, I was actually forced to help my father." I said confidently

"And his father is the mastermind?! How horrifying!" he fake-gasped

"His demon is the mastermind," I growled, "Sadly, my father was just a puppet. Like almost all of the Telate Alementors subjected to this cruelty."

"What about you, hmm?" He questioned tauntingly, "Your demon may be like your father's de-"

"NO HE IS NOT!" I boomed, "Anti is far from any of the statements you have spat out! You know NOTHING!"

"Are you implying that I don't know what I'm teaching?!" he raged, "I've taught in this school for the past decade!"

"No wonder," Anti and I said, "You poisoned the minds of the students here, carving into their minds that they should fear us. You're the very reason we have no peace, not us"

Professor Vadren slammed a fist on the table, "Enough! I hope you enjoy after-school activities, Mcloughlin."

"But-"

"I said enough!"

Grumbling, I sat back down and used all of my willpower not to let Anti take over and wreck that man's face, although I would pretty much like that, but that would lead me to a suspension or something.

Marzia was about to stand up and defend me from that man's declaration, but I just put a hand on her shoulder and shook my head.

"It's not worth it," I said sadly, "Also, Felix will kill me if I got you in trouble."

She still persisted, but then gave up a little while later. I sighed and started to doodle on my notebook, wondering what the end of the classes hold.