Chapter 7

I bounced my leg impatiently as I waved my  arm to get the attention of professor, hoping to be the one that will be called, while earning a few stares and giggles from the others and Mark, who was calmly raising his hand.

"Yes, you with the red hair," The professor said, "Mark? That is your name, right?"

I put my hand down and crossed my arms as Mark nodded to the teacher. I gave him a fake-glare and he returned it by sticking his tongue out, before standing up to answer.

"The answer is B. Molten Core." he answered confidently

We were reviewing the Art of Element-Using, a lesson that we learned in our last year in Elementorian High and my favorite above all lessons because of the unique and endless combos and tips and tricks in controlling a certain element.

"Very good. I hope you finally refreshed your memory and  tomorrow we will start our actual lesson," the professor stated, "Have a wonderful day, goodbye class."

The final bell rang and we packed our things, (more like shoved our notes in our bags, but it's a relative sentence for me) said goodbye to the teacher and left the room, only to squeeze through the massive crowd of students in the hallways.

"What do you think after-class activities are like?" I ask Mark

The Alementor replied without hesitation, "Water the plants?"

I playfully punched his shoulder, "Dude! That would be boring! I mean, what kind of bumbum would start that?"

I took one glance at Mark's unimpressed face and started laughing. He flipped me off using a well-hidden hand before stomping over to his locker.

"Well, I best be off then. Don't lock the door of our dorm!" I warned

He smirked, "No promises."

"Well, it's better if you stay at Felix's for the night." Anti jokingly said

I rolled my eyes before making my way to the outdoor training area. The place was a vast land of grass, and trees where at the other end of the area.

 I quickly took in the view, before walking over to a group of frightened men, all of which are visibly older than me. A woman, who seems to be in her mid-30's and wore a yellow trainer's jacket and a whistle around her neck, stood intimidatingly in front of the small crowd. 

I timidly approached the woman and asked if this was the area where the after-class activity will be held.

"Of course!" she replied, "Wait, aren't you a freshman? Who made you attend this after-class activity?"

"Professor Vadren," I said, unconsciously saying it with venom

She just nodded in understanding, "Everyone in the school knows his distaste for Telate Alementors. Are you sure you still want to do the sanction?"

I nod my head, "I like challenges."

"You're just making my job harder, y'know." my demon commented

She jumped off of the podium and put a hand on my shoulder, "Now this is a brave soul! Let's get started!"

She faced the clean, green and grassy area, presumably planning what to do with it first, before abruptly stomping her right foot.

With a loud rumble, low wall rose up at the far end of the area, followed by six separate, tree stump-like podiums, a long, hollow tunnel made out, a few craters that looks like small volcanoes and multiple diagonal-ish panels made of rock and earth.

Next, she made a downward motion with her hands and the ground next to the panels lowered, making a deep ditch. 

She then did multiple hand movements, like she was doing a mesmerizing dance strikingly similar to the one my parents did, before a huge ball of compacted water appeared before her. She then dropped it in the pit, making some-kind of medium-sized swimming pool.

Finally, she made an upward motion with her hand and a thin,  line of rock appeared in front of us. It was elevated by poles of the same material.

"Alright," she said confidently, making me wonder if she broke a sweat, "Who's first?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may have a feeling that the next chapter will be all about how Jack will endure that obstacle course

You may have a feeling that the next chapter will be all about how Jack will endure that obstacle course. The picture above is a sloppy version of the course (made by yours truly. I am terrible at drawing) for visual aids.

Now, question time!

You are stranded on an island and you have one person/thing with you. Who is that person/what is that thing? It can be anyone/anything! I choose Charizard, 'cause why not!

That's all and I'll see ya in the next chapter!