Chapter 37

Jack's P.O.V

The two demons' sweet moment were unfortunately ruined by the Alpha Demon landing harshly on the ground next to the rock pillar he was previously on, sputtering and heaving as he pointed a shaking finger at Anti, who was immediately put down by Dark, shouting incoherent words and curses in a dialect I can't barely understand before finally speaking (read: shouting) in English.

"You!" he cried, "What kind of sorcery is this?!"

My demon smirked as raised his arm, a fireball hovering over his palm, "It's called karma, you jerk."

He threw the attack at the man and the latter stumbled to dodge it, all of the graceful movements that he showed earlier nowhere to be seen. This gave an advantage to Dark, who ran forward and socked him in the stomach, making him stumble even more to regain the air that was knocked out of his lungs.

The demon leaned against one of the rock pillars that was still standing as he breathed heavily, red eyes showing evident hate, "I may be weaker but I will show you that I can still beat a weakling like you!"

He wheezed out a chuckle as he held up the remote, "Come and get it."

The two demons glanced at him, then at each other, faces mirroring each others' expression; unimpressed.

"Perhaps you bit off more than you can chew, old man," Anti responded, "But can you manage two?"

The two demons moved at the speed of light, throwing random attacks at the Alpha Demon, who struggled to dodge whilst also keeping them back. He was getting more sluggish as the seconds ticked by as Anti and Dark were giving everything they got.

"All of those innocent Alementors don't deserve to be a puppet of your army," Anti hissed, "This is for Jack's father!"

My demon's attacks heightened and forced the demon into defense as he raised his arm up and a rock dome surrounded him to prevent them from progressing further.

But Anti and Dark weren't having any of that.

The latter stomped on the ground and boulders the size of truck tires hovered above the air, before its surface was set on fire with one snap of Anti's fingers. Together, they lobbed all of the flaming rocks at the same time at the dome, causing some of it to break its fortified exterior and shoot into the heart of the dome, where the Alpha Demon was. As the final boulder was sent at the crumbling dome, the pathetic excuse of a shield exploded outwards and there in the middle stood the Alpha Demon. But even after that, he still managed to choke out a laugh, confusing the two demons.

"Okay, fine, you win." he sneered, tossing over the remote to the two demons' feet, "Go, press that button and redeem yourself! Be the hero everyone expects you to be! But what will happen to this vessel? What will happen to little Marky's father?"

His last sentence was uttered in a taunting fashion and from the corner of my eye, I can see Dark hesitating and clenching his fists. But he then stomped forward and landed a punch on the Alpha Demon's jaw, knocking him to the ground. My eyes widened in surprise, but even more so when he glanced at me and I saw the familiar brown orbs that belonged to my best friend. Did...Mark just did that?

"I knew what my dad's inevitable faith was when you revealed yourself," Mark said, kicking the demons side, "I didn't even say goodbye, for f*ck's sake!"

The male then pulled the Alpha Demon upwards by his collar so that he was eye-to-eye with him, "So I'll let you know that you're going hightail it back to hell after this."

There was silence for a moment or two before the demon burst out laughing, making Mark narrow his eyes and pull back his fist to sock the demon once more but we were thrown back by a powerful wave of energy that the demon emitted before he could even do so, with him hitting the ground and Anti hitting one of the rock pillars, making my demon recede from the pain and me take over.

The demon's laugh was a few octaves deeper and more deafening as he stood up like he didn't take a beating from us, even condescendingly brushing the dust out of his ripped clothes before he outstretched his arms, making red-hot aura surround his figure like flames surrounding a phoenix.

"Even if I destroy this vessel, I will return!" he cackled, "For even Death cannot lead my soul back to hell!"

Eyes widening, I understood what he was going to do. And one look at Mark, who was holding his side tightly, I could tell that he understood it as well; The Alpha Demon is going to implode into himself and his soul is going to escape once again, leaving Mark's father to die in vain, for he will wander yet again, looking for another vessel to take over and history will repeat all over again.

But I'm not going to let that happen.

I sprinted towards the insane demon who was still laughing up a storm, ignoring the pain shooting throughout my body as I made contact with the wisps of red surrounding him. Once I got close enough, I lunged at him and enveloped him into a tight embrace, pushing past my the limits as I start to discharge every ounce of power I got into the self-destructing demon, who was puzzled by my actions at first, before it dawned on him.

"Stop it! Let me go right now!" he screeched, trying to buck me off, but I held on, "No! Stop! STOP!"

I ignored his protests and focused on my blurry eyesight and the white noise increasing its volume in my ears. 

Is this worth it?

Heh, I ask myself that every time I do something stupid. Well, looking at it from a different person's perspective, this is a pretty stupid plan, but our last resort, as well as my last retort.

"Sure, death cannot lead your soul back to hell," I smirked, ignoring the desperate shouts of my friends and pain flaring throughout my whole body as I tightened my grip on the man,

"But I most definitely can."

Then darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Satisfying, ain't it? 

Only the epilogue left and then it's time to close the book on this wonderful journey and experience with you all...as much as I don't want to ;-;

I want to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who had made it this far and had put up with my inconsistencies from the very beginning. Thank you for believing that I could make a sequel and finish it. Thank you for believing in me, for without you, my readers, I wouldn't even be here writing a sequel in the first place! Just...thank you so much.

But anyway, question time.

Did you enjoy reading this book? Why or why not? (this is optional)

That's all and I'll see ya'll in the epilogue!