Chapter 9

I slowly descended to the ground before canceling the small twister with just the flick of my hand. Thankfully, I landed upright this time, much to my surprise. 

Usually, maneuvering that move was Anti's job, for I was really afraid of heights, but he was either out cold or too tired to reply to my requests. After all, who can stay conscious after falling from that height? Good thing no bones were broken, dislocated or fractured,

...I think.

Anyway, I took it upon myself to overcome my fear and travel from the building to the dorms, since it was the fastest, and thankfully, the keypad wasn't turned off.

I typed in our passcode and went in, only to find Mark on the table, eating noodles out of the stereotypical white box with red Chinese markings.

"Oi! Ur bac!" he yelled with a mouthful of noodles, making me think that he was wearing a white beard

I rolled my eyes at him and proceeded to the bathroom. Once I got there and took off my shirt, I internally cringed at the light purple bruises and scratches that littered my body. Oh well, at least they'll heal, but it kind of made me want to throw up for a second. 

~~~

I put on my plain white shirt and my favorite flamingo shorts before going back to where Mark was, finding the red-haired male's eyes glued to the screen the phone while he was scrolling through the endless chain in an app I can't remember the name of.

 I plopped down on the seat in front of him and began chowing down on the spare package of noodles on the table.  He looked up at me and swallowed the noodles he was eating, before turning back to his food, questioning softly,

"How's the activity?"

I gave him a smirk and tipped the chair back a little, my hands behind my head.

"T'was a piece of cake." I assured

He looked up again as he narrowed his eyes, "Is that so? Y'know, the bruises that I saw on your back told me otherwise."

My eyes widen as I felt some heat rise up in my cheeks, signaling that I'm blushing like mad. I did multiple random gestures before the chair finally tipped back a lot and made me fall. Still, that didn't stop me from asking,

"Wait, how did you-"

"Never mind that," he waved off, "What happened to you? Those weren't a pretty sight, you know that."

I ignored his latter statement and fake-coughed, trying to sit upright again on the chair, "Alright, I did get into a bit of trouble with the training bots , but Anti and I handled 'em."

He sighed in relief, but when he fully faced me, I saw a hint of fear and guilt within those chocolate orbs.

"I thought you were being bullied..." he mumbled, "Again."

I frowned and looked at him with sympathy. He's probably swimming in the pool of guilt again, and I'm pulling him out of it.

"Mark Fischbach, the past is in the past," I said, "You did make my life harder at the start, but you changed, for the better too."

He glanced at me, a small smile gracing his facial features. Hmm, that kind of looks familiar...

"Wait!" I cried, suddenly remembering the thought, "Games! Me! Varsity!"

"Whoa," Mark chuckled, "You lost me there."

"I got in the varsity!" I cried, "I'm a Wielder Wolf!"

Mark's jaw hung open, "But Coach Zaria announced that the try-outs are on-"

"Well, she gave me the spot after I finished my turn on the training area outside. She said that the training robots malfunctioned, turning the lowest degree, which is ten, to the highest degree," I explained, "Turns out, the robots have been tampered with."

Mark 'hmm'ed in thought before he changed the topic. Soon, we finished our conversation-turned-banter and threw away our empty boxes once filled with delicious Chinese noodles.

Just then, a notification pinged in Mark's phone. He instinctively picked the gadget up to take a peek at what it showed, but suddenly, he did a double take, which then peaked my interest.

"What's wrong?"

For an answer, he held up his phone in front of my face. It showed a crazy-looking man on top of a small hill of rubble, his arm held fire while the other was bending the ground. People around him looked panic and were running away. The headline showed,

"Alementor Gone Mad! Local Element-user Go on Rampage at Elezens."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey cubs!

Boy! This month is the most stressful of them all, I'll tell ya!

We have projects and their deadlines, then there's the quarterly exams, which is scheduled next week! And here I am, addicted to The Seven Deadly Sins. What great timing, right? XD

But after the exams (the week after that), we have one week off, also known as Semester break! BUT I have to accompany my grandmother to the province, which is in the middle of fields and stuff.

 I will try my best to update, but please expect one or two updates per week, and there will be instances that there will be no updates, probably due to how busy I am, but I will try my best to not let that happen!

Thank you so much for understanding and for all of the amazing and hilarious comments!

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Mine is chocolate with chocolate chips! I LOVE chocolate!

Anyways, thanks for reading and I'll see ya in the next chapter!