Chapter 30

Jack's P.O.V

(Three days before the last chapter happened)

"Stop it."

"Shut up!"

I sat up on my bed, rubbing the sleep off my eyes with my closed fist as I look around the dim room for the source of the sound. Silence wallowed in the room for a few minutes before I raised an eyebrow at myself. Was I hearing things? It must be a side effect from the late night project-making. Yeah, that's it.

"I said shut up!"

I jumped slightly from the sudden shout of...my best friend?

"What's wrong, Mark?" I sleepily questioned, suppressing a yawn as I climbed down my bed before ambling towards the light switch

But after I adjusted to the abrupt brightness did I see the my best friend's condition; his pillow and blanket was strewn about on his bed, his hair was sticking all over the place, and his eyes were bloodshot.

Eyes widening, I slide over to where the now black-haired Alementor was. It's strange, really, when both of us (our demons, rather) released their demon power, it completely eradicated our hair dye, turning them back to their natural color. Oh well, maybe I'll dye it back to grass green in the future. Who knows?

Well uh, anyway, as soon as I was beside the male, he suddenly start screaming, making me flinch back from the loudness. His scream soon died down as fast as it came, reducing into hushed whispers in the similar fashion of Dark after we had put the necklace on him.

Wait...

"And after I thought he couldn't be more of a jerk than he was before," Anti muttered, "He may be unable to take control, but that doesn't mean he can be silenced. So-"

"He's mentally torturing Mark," I finished, fear creeping on my spine, "How do we stop him?"

"There's nothing we can do but negotiate with him."

I shakily took in a breath before agreeing with Anti, carefully laying a hand on Alementor's shoulder, who unfortunately tensed from the touch, but soon relaxed when he caught a side glance of me.

One second I was comforting the older male and the next was me almost falling off the bed because of the sudden weight that forced me slightly back.

Finally taking notice of the situation, I immediately collected myself before I gently wrapped my arms on the larger man, rubbing comforting circles on his back as he sobbed on my shoulder.

"Please...make him stop."

I bit my lip to ease my nervousness. This isn't going to be easy, is it?

Putting on a brave demeanor, I carefully made Mark face me before looking straight in his eyes, "Dark, what the heck is your deal?"

Mark whined before covering his ears, repeating his mantra of pained whispers over and over again.

I became alarmed by his actions as I placing both of my hands on his shoulders in an attempt to comfort him, "What is he saying?"

"He's lying! He's a freaking liar!"

"Please Mark!" I pressed on, "What is Dark saying?"

There was silence in the room for a few moment as Mark's face contorted into an expression of mixed confusion and fear, as if he was mentally battling himself, or rather, Dark. At last, he sighed in defeat before muttering something inaudible.

"Come again?" I asked, leaning closer to hear better

"He...he wants to talk."

"Then let him."