11.1

Excuse any mistakes.

LA
10 Years Ago

‪"Wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down." ‬

Toni Morrison

Naomi walked into the house, exhausted from a long day at the office. All she wanted was a hot bath and her bed. In less than a year and a half, she managed to have two babies, get married, and move her headquarters to LA.

It seemed like she never had a break. Although she and Zeke did go on a honeymoon, it flew by. Sitting her purse down, she begin to walk into the living room and nearly tripped over a toy.

She looked down and noticed that toys were everywhere. In the living room, Zeke and Adonis are watching a baseball game. Naomi can hear Adonis yelling, but Naomi isn't pleased.

In addition to her extended workload, she comes home and manages to do the household duties as well. Even though she's pulling the longer hours while Zeke tends to be flexible in his schedule.

She was the one who gets the children ready for school in the morning, cook breakfast and dinner, clean up, and wash clothes. She was starting to think that she either needed a maid or a new husband.

Naomi was leaning towards the latter.

As she walked past the kitchen, she noticed a few things that she purposefully left out to see if Zeke would put it up without her asking. But, he didn't. They were still out.

She reached down to pick up the toys, and placed them in the kids' toy bin. Removing her blazer, she placed it on one of the bar stools that was at the island.

Naomi walked around the couch, got in front of the tv to pick up a box that was on the floor. "Babeeee." Zeke whined.

      She ignored him, and went to the closet in the hallway. Opening the door, she placed it back to its original place on the top shelf.

Adonis nudged Zeke, catching his attention. "What?"

   "Your wife is pissed off." Adonis said. "You're so into the game to even realize it."

Zeke looked at Naomi as she slammed the closet the door. He looked back at Adonis. "How'd you know?"

    "Does she usually greet you with a kiss?"

"Yea." Zeke realized that she hadn't even spoke to him. "Be right back." He gets up and so does Adonis.

     "I'll just leave. I don't wanna hear her chew you out." He chuckled, looking at his watch. "I need to get home to my own wife before I get cussed out."

"Okay. Call me when you make it."

     Adonis nodded his head and they shared a hug before he left the house. Zeke turned off the tv and made the short walk down the hallway to their bedroom.