35.

I'm going to do both books. Nia's book will pick up from this chapter. My main focus will be Sealed, however. Excuse any mistakes.

Bay Area
Three years later

"Threw away your love letters, I thought it would make me feel better."

Summer Walker

Walking into her apartment, Nia held a few bags in her arms as she kicked the door closed with her foot. She could hear tiny little footsteps, and before long, Summer peaked her head around the corner.

Nia smiled at her, playing along with the game of hide and seek.

"Is that Summer Valentine I spy?" Nia tip toes towards her.

Summer jumps out and giggles as if it was the funniest thing in the world. "NiNi!" Summer exclaims.

"Hey baby girl." Nia squats to her level, placing a kiss on her chocolate cheeks. "Where's mommy?"

"Right here, chile." Mariyah appears from her room. "Did you, by any chance, get some apple jelly?"

Nia stands up and nods. "Yea. I was tired of eating bland biscuits. Next time, you're buying it since you like to eat it on everything."

Mariyah laughs, following Nia into the kitchen. "That shit is good."

"Oooo, Mommy said a bad word." Summer shakes her head as she re-busies herself with her toys in the living room.

"That's right, Summer. Get her in line." Nia smirks as Mariyah rolls her eyes.

Mariyah opens the refrigerator and grabs a bottled water before closing it back. "I'm dropping her off at Khalil's asap tomorrow morning."

Nia laughs while putting up the few groceries she had. "He's getting her for Thanksgiving?"

"Mhmm." Mariyah nods her head.

"You miss him?"

Scratching the back of her neck, Mariyah swallows before looking back at Nia. "I did before, but I really do now."

Nia glances at her. "What intensified it?"

Mariyah sighs. "We had sex." She mumbles.

Nia halts her movements and turns around fully, slowly folding her arms across her chest. "When was this?"

"When I went home last weekend." Mariyah rolls her eyes at herself. "Girl, he looked so good. Plus, I was stressed because finals are coming up and all of my professors are piling up work on me. I needed relief and Khalil provided it."

"But—"

Mariyah nods. "I know what I said."

Nia resumes putting up the groceries. "How are you going to tell Tahj?"

Mariyah shrugs. "I'm not."

Nia was sure that wasn't the best idea, but overtime, she learned that Mariyah did what she wanted, when she wanted and however she wanted. Nia would be talking to a brick wall.

"Enough about me. How are you doing? I know how you get when the anniversary of Shiloh's death comes up. You're not isolating yourself in your room for a week this year."

Nia washes her apple off before biting into it. "I'm fine. And no thank you to your invite out."

Mariyah shakes her head. "It wasn't a request. You're going out with me, Mara and Miyah."