18.2

Happy New Year! Let's start it off with a bang! Excuse any mistakes. Zeke in the mm.

Calabasas
Next morning

"When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."

Audre Lorde

Nia walks down the stairs as she put her hair into a high ponytail. Today is a light day for her with black tights, an oversized, black Givenchy sweatshirt and a pair of black Gucci sneakers.

    Ayshah is helping herself to a cup of coffee and Nia smiles.

"Goodmorning." She greets.

   Ayshah looks at her and smiles back. "Goodmornin' Nia."

Bailey and CoCo immediately gets up at the sight of her, wagging their tails. She goes over to grab a remote and opens the doors to the backyard.

"Now, Bailey, if you use the bathroom in the pool again, I'm telling your mother." She looks at him. Bailey barks at Nia. "Who you talking to?" She lifts up her eyebrows.

Ayshah laughs to herself in the kitchen. Nia hugs and rubs the two dogs before motioning them to go outside. They take off and began chasing one another.

Nia goes to the kitchen area, opening the refrigerator to grab a bottled water. She takes two aspirins to ease the pain in her hamstring.

She notices Ayshah looking down at something with a confused expression written on her face. "What's wrong?" Nia asks 

"Your mother gave me this tablet for something, but I forgot."

"Let me see." Nia sits her water on the counter, grabbing the tablet. "Oh, you have to put Shiloh and Nyah's schedule into this so the drivers can know where to take them to school until they're transferred over here. Also, put your schedule in. It also alerts security and it keeps an eye on them."

    "Oh wow." Ayshah says.

"Yeah, I'm sure she has already disposed your phone. Shiloh's too. Right?" Nia fixes herself a bowl of Fruity Pebbles.

    Ayshah nods her head. "Yeah that's why she gave me the tablet."

"It's just for protection. Don't need Asheek having access to you or them." Nia shrugs.

     "This is nice of her. I'm not sure why she wanna help me. But I'm thankful."

"She always tell me that she does this because she was you at one point." Nia explains. "This is second nature to her and she have programs in place for situations like these. I can assure you that you are in good hands, Ms. Ayshah."

"Are you always this inclusive?" Ayshah looks at her.

"Sometimes. But, I have my own foundation." Nia eats a spoonful of cereal and chews.

Ayshah nods her head. "What is it?"

"Well, I paint. Most of these paintings around the house were done by me, by the way." Nia toots her own horn. "But, I sell my paintings to people with money and use that money to give back to art programs in need."

Ayshah looks impressed. "That's great to be so involved at your age. Alotta people think rich kids like you are all about themselves."

Nia shrugs her shoulders. "Screw them. They're miserable and want people to be just as miserable as them. I am all about myself, but I can multitask."