20.

Excuse any mistakes. Naomi in the mm.

Calabasas, California
Monday morning

"You've got to learn to leave the table when love's no longer being served."

Nina Simone

   Naomi cracks open Saint's door, looking into his Batman themed room. He's in the middle of the bed with his head just barely peaking from up under the cover. Light snores fill the room and although his head is turned away from her, she knows that his mouth is wide open.

Quietly walking into the room, she softly closes the door behind her. When everyone flew back last night, Naomi stayed behind until the morning.

     New York was always a place she never wanted to leave. In all honesty, she never had plans of staying in LA long term. But, she didn't have the luxury of thinking about herself.

At least not right now.

     She walks over to his bed, and lays beside him. Since he's a light sleeper, she knows he's going to wake up soon.

Right on que, he moves and turns his head before slowly opening his eyes. When they finally land on her, he immediately jumps up.

    "Mommy!" He greets her with a tight hug around her neck.

Naomi laughs at his excitement, and hugs him back. "Hey baby."

    "I missed you." He mumbles into her neck. "Worst birthday ever." He states dramatically as he pulls away.

"Awwww." Naomi coos, kissing his forehead. "I'm sorry for missing it, but I'm going to make it up to you. But you have to be really good at school today."

    Saint nods excitedly. "Okay."

Naomi squints her eyes. "I mean it, Saint. Your dad told me that you couldn't seem to be on your best behavior last week."

    "Snitch." Saint mumbles to himself. "But, but mommy it's so hard to be quiet allllll day." He facepalms himself.

Naomi rolls her eyes at him. "No one is asking to be quiet all day. Just when the teacher is trying to teach. I need you to learn something."

    "Mom, I'm the smartest kid in there. The work is so easy, I be bored."

"Hmm." Naomi taps her chin. "Do you help your classmates?"

     "Sometimes." He responds as he rubs the sleep out of his eyes.

"Well, I'll talk to your teacher and we'll come up with something. Maybe some harder work." Naomi lifts up her eyebrow at him.

    Saint shrugs. "Bring it. I'm not new to this, I'm true to this."

His alarm goes off on the stand next to his bed and Naomi presses the snooze button. "Hurry up and get ready. I'll make french toast this time instead of pancakes."

    "Finally." Saint says. "Was starting to think Nia was really your favorite."

Naomi leans her head back and laughs. "I don't play favorites with my children. I love you all equally."