30.3

Excuse any mistakes. Mara in the mm.

LA

"‪Love is essentially a form of focused and generous presence—a special kind of authentic engagement. Love is the highest-quality presence of heart and it's a gift that builds self-esteem."

   Ascaria locks her car using her key before crossing the busy street, cautiously. She was doing some last minute shopping before her and the family were scheduled to fly to Seattle for Thanksgiving.

Shopping was a remedy for her, sometimes.

    Adonis is still coming home later than usual and she doesn't want to think that he's cheating. But, he wasn't giving her anything to work with.

She still made him sleep on the couch because he's not acting like it's a big deal. At least in her eyes.

    Ascaria enters the Louis Vuitton boutique, immediately greeted by one of the saleswomen. She gives the woman a tight lipped smile before shaking her head to the request of help.

She looks around before spotting her sister, Ryan, looking at one of the most expensive bags in the store.

    Ascaria walks over to where she is, placing her hand on Ryan's shoulder causing her to turn around.

Ryan's eyes light up at the sight of her sister and they both embrace each other in a hug. It was a firm hug, one of those hugs you need when life is hard.

     Ryan flew to LA to spend time with her family, but since Ascaria was going to Seattle, they decided to hang a little early.

"Oh my God! I've missed you so much!" Ryan exclaims.

    "I've missed you too, sis. You work so much. I'm surprised you've requested time off."

Ryan playfully rolls her eyes. "I don't work that much. But, Mom and Dad were on my ass."

    Ascaria giggles. "They hadn't seen you since our family vacation last year."

Ryan pouts. "I know, I know."

    Briefly looking around, Ascaria then looks back at Ryan. "Where's Derrick?" She asks, referring to Ryan's husband.

"Dad kidnapped him." Ryan shakes her head.

    "Of course." Ascaria says. "He loves Derrick."

"Girl, I don't know why. I thought he loved Adonis more." Ascaria rolls her eyes at the mention of her husband's name. "Uh oh. What's going on?"

    Ascaria shakes her head, and looks at the purses that were neatly stacked on the wall. "Nothing. I don't have a definite answer so I'ma just brush it to the side for now."

Ryan nods her head. "Don is a good guy. That's all I'm sure of so just remember that."

    "You sound just like Scar."

Ryan laughs. "You're so dramatic and you overreact sometimes. Just let whatever it is play out."

    "Anywho," Ascaria picks up the bag that Ryan was looking at. "Are you going to buy this?"